Original topic:

Specific questions about slideshows on The Frame TVs

(Topic created: 04-05-2021 01:59 PM)
userhiJKX8YpIx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello All,

I'm seeking some clarification about how slideshow mode works on the Frame TVs.  I'm specifically interested in how this applies to my own photos.  If it makes a difference, let's narrow the discussion to 2021 models.

I read in the user manual where it discusses being able to save photos to "My Photos" and also set them as favorites.  I also see a discussion of the cloud.  Where are My Photos and/or favorites saved?  Are they uploaded to the TV, do they reside in the cloud, or what?  I ask this question because I want to know what the size limitations are either in terms of total storage space or the number of photos.

Ideally, what I would like is for the slideshow to run off photos that reside on my network - NAS or in the cloud.  Is either of these possible?  I'm looking at several hundred photos.

Thank you,

Kirt

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

This honestly depends on which model television you are asking about. Ambient Mode and Art Mode on some of the televisions display photos from the internal My Photos storage, and are limited by the internal memory on the televisions. All of the newer televisions also have a Media Play feature that can play from USB or network storage, so are limited only by the available off device storage.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

This honestly depends on which model television you are asking about. Ambient Mode and Art Mode on some of the televisions display photos from the internal My Photos storage, and are limited by the internal memory on the televisions. All of the newer televisions also have a Media Play feature that can play from USB or network storage, so are limited only by the available off device storage.

0 Likes
HughG16
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

So, does a 2020 55" have Media Play? How does one access?

0 Likes