Original topic:

TV Mounting Bolts Issue.

(Topic created: 04-24-2020 01:07 PM)
Jekyl
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello Folks,

I just purchased a Samsung 32" HDR 4K UHD Smart QLED TV.  Model number QN32Q50RAFXZA.  This TV is a VESA compliant 100x100.  My current mount accomodates a VESA 100x100 and 200x200.  The problem is with the bolts which I need.  On Page 7 in the owners manual it gives the specs for the mounting holes.  It reads M4 - 1.25mm x 19-22mm.  I searched online for an M4 bolt with a thread pitch of 1.25.  I could not find anything.  Every website I went to defaults to an M4 bolt with a thread pitch of 0.70mm.  I have reached out to Samsung three times so far.  They referred me to www.samsungparts.com who stated that they do not carry what I need.  I was also referred to www.replacementscrews.com.  I did order a set of bolts from them which turned out to be too short.  I have not received those bolts yet to know for sure.  I believe the bolts are too short because I again reached out to Samsung for further information.  In doing so they told me that the length of the bolts I ordered from replacementscrews are 16 mm.  Which are too short.  I also asked if it were possible that the owners manual had a misprint regariding the bolt size.  This was prompted due to me not being able to locate an M4 bolt with the 1.25mm thread pitch as indicated in the manual.  Also, because the Samsuung reps yesterday and today told me that the bolt size is an M6.  At this point I am thoroughly confused.

It would appear that what I need is an M4 - 1.25mm bolt somewhere in the vicinity of 25mm long to accomodate the thickness of the TV wall mount plate, and the thickness of a sound bar mounting bracket.  Any advice that you folks may have will be gladly accepted.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

I apologize, the manual does appear to be incorrect. For the 32" television, the correct screws would be M4 x .7mm pitch, 21mm long. Your wall mount should have come with a full assortment of the correctly sized mounting screws.

View solution in context

13 Replies
userzD64FvnuTr
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm in the same boat. I was planning to mount the TV on an Amazon Basica VESA arm but the included screws don't work. I tried to find the right screws but I can't find them anywhere. Could someone please post the appropriate screws?  

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

I apologize, the manual does appear to be incorrect. For the 32" television, the correct screws would be M4 x .7mm pitch, 21mm long. Your wall mount should have come with a full assortment of the correctly sized mounting screws.

userzD64FvnuTr
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Where can these screws be purchased? 

0 Likes
Jekyl
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Follow this link. The bolts worked perfect for my situation. 

https://www.replacementscrews.com/wall-mount-screws-for-samsung-qn32q50r-qn32q50rafxza

0 Likes
user2uZqwy1cnE
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

THANK YOU!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR THESE! 

0 Likes
userK32gvl2rFm
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

What a nightmare! Going through same issues, trying to mount these on an existing ceiling mount. I already went ahead and follow the link to purchase the screws. Will i need to get the spacers as well? The backplate for my mount is a small "x" and is very thin. 

0 Likes
userppPhYAUu9G
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Another option, which you can pick up from your local "Homeless Despot" or similar hardware store, is:

Everbilt M4-0.7 x 20 mm Phillips Pan Head Stainless Steel Machine Screw (2-Pack)

Everbilt is the brand; other brands may also have equivalent items. The Everbilt brand of this item has a model # of 842888.  Of course, you will need 2 of those 2-packs to make a total of four. But each 2-pack only costs $1.34, so you're spending a total of $2.68 plus tax.

It seems most mounting brackets for TVs include M6 and M8, but not M4, screws. So when M4s are required, an extra purchase seems to be the best option. Maybe some bracket manufacturers will ship out M4 screws on request at no or little cost; however, in my case, I figured it would be quicker and easier to run to the hardware store and spend the 3 bucks, rather than waiting for the screws to come in the mail.

The original question in this thread was about Samsung model QN32Q50RAFXZA (32 inch); my specific Samsung model is UN28M4500AF (28 inch). My guess is that the Everbilt M4-0.7 x 20 mm will work for most of the smaller (<40 inch) Samsung TVs. One thing I do recommend is to verify the length (20 mm in this case) with a toothpick. Stick a toothpick into the threaded hole, see how far it goes down, and measure that length.  And if the M8 and M6 screws are two wide for the threaded hole, then you most likely need M4 screws.

Jekyl
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Jekyl
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
0 Likes