JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV displays connection error screen

(Topic created: 12-07-2021 06:38 AM)
userHzuciEzvje
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi, I have a Samsung The Frame LS03A QLED UHD HDR 4K Smart TV (2021) purchased in May 2021. I suddenly got this error message. I only use the One Connect box and have no other cables connected to the TV. I can't see anything wrong with the box or invisible cable. Power is working. Have tried disconnecting and reconnecting. I can't troubleshoot the tv without one connect box since it's the power connection. Any suggestions? Thank you.

C6CF88F4-305D-4304-843C-8CB089F716B3.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, I understand how this may be a casue for concern with this tv error, have you tried the following below? 

If your TV does not have a power cord connected directly to a wall outlet, proceed to Step 3.

The test is designed for HDMI cords less than 2 meters long and may not give accurate results on longer cords.

1. Check the One Connect cable for damage and ensure it is connected.

Disconnect and firmly reconnect the One Connect cable at both ends. (Some models call this the Invisible Cable.)

If the One Connect cable is bent, broken, kinked, pinched, or has a heavy object on top of it, it can cause issues. The cable needs to be replaced if damaged.

2. Disconnect the One Connect Box to see if the TV displays an error message.

Disconnect the One Connect Box either by disconnecting its power cord or the One Connect (Invisible cable).

• If you see anything (like a message or picture) on the TV after disconnecting the One Connect Box, then the One Connect Box needs to be replaced.
    • If the TV is plugged into a wall outlet, is turned on, and is disconnected from the One Connect Box, but no message appears, visit our Support Center to request service.

TV with One connect Box

Reconnect the One connect box if there are no error messages.

3. Press the Home (Menu) button on the remote.

If the menu does not appear, the TV may be having power issues.

4. Confirm the TV is set to the same source as the external device.

Your TV may display a black screen if it's connected to a source but the external device is turned off. For instance, if your cable box is connected to HDMI 1, you should set the TV source to HDMI 1 and make sure the cable box is turned on.

If the TV is set to the correct source, but there is still no image, unplug and reconnect the connections one cable at a time, from both ends of each cable. If there's any damage to the cable, it will need to be replaced. After you've reconnected the external device, turn it off and then back on.

5. Test the HDMI cable.

Certain TVs have an HDMI cable test. Some models only have this test after a software update, and older models do not have it. If your model does not have this test, or is not connected by HDMI, skip to Step 6.

To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test. Navigate to Settings, and then select Support. Select Device Care, select Self Diagnosis, and then select Signal Information. Select HDMI Cable Test, and then select Start Test.

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable. Service is not required.Self Diagnosis highlighted on a Samsung TV

6. Test different external devices.

The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable too.

If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, I understand how this may be a casue for concern with this tv error, have you tried the following below? 

If your TV does not have a power cord connected directly to a wall outlet, proceed to Step 3.

The test is designed for HDMI cords less than 2 meters long and may not give accurate results on longer cords.

1. Check the One Connect cable for damage and ensure it is connected.

Disconnect and firmly reconnect the One Connect cable at both ends. (Some models call this the Invisible Cable.)

If the One Connect cable is bent, broken, kinked, pinched, or has a heavy object on top of it, it can cause issues. The cable needs to be replaced if damaged.

2. Disconnect the One Connect Box to see if the TV displays an error message.

Disconnect the One Connect Box either by disconnecting its power cord or the One Connect (Invisible cable).

• If you see anything (like a message or picture) on the TV after disconnecting the One Connect Box, then the One Connect Box needs to be replaced.
    • If the TV is plugged into a wall outlet, is turned on, and is disconnected from the One Connect Box, but no message appears, visit our Support Center to request service.

TV with One connect Box

Reconnect the One connect box if there are no error messages.

3. Press the Home (Menu) button on the remote.

If the menu does not appear, the TV may be having power issues.

4. Confirm the TV is set to the same source as the external device.

Your TV may display a black screen if it's connected to a source but the external device is turned off. For instance, if your cable box is connected to HDMI 1, you should set the TV source to HDMI 1 and make sure the cable box is turned on.

If the TV is set to the correct source, but there is still no image, unplug and reconnect the connections one cable at a time, from both ends of each cable. If there's any damage to the cable, it will need to be replaced. After you've reconnected the external device, turn it off and then back on.

5. Test the HDMI cable.

Certain TVs have an HDMI cable test. Some models only have this test after a software update, and older models do not have it. If your model does not have this test, or is not connected by HDMI, skip to Step 6.

To perform the test, make sure the TV's source is still on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test. Navigate to Settings, and then select Support. Select Device Care, select Self Diagnosis, and then select Signal Information. Select HDMI Cable Test, and then select Start Test.

If the test says the cable is bad, replace the cable. Service is not required.Self Diagnosis highlighted on a Samsung TV

6. Test different external devices.

The final thing to rule out is the external device you're using. Try connecting a different device, or using a different source port. If you were unable to test the cable in the previous step, then try swapping the cable too.

If the TV can display a picture in any other setup, then you've ruled the TV out as the cause of the issue. Keep trying various setups until you identify the device or cable that is not working, and troubleshoot or replace it.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userHc6cmCV2dZ
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having this same problem.  I changed the batteries in my remote.  All the remote will do is turn the TV off and on.  The one connect box appears to be getting power because there is a red light visible on the back.  I've tried resetting the remote by pressing the home and pause button for three seconds. The invisible cable seems fine with no kinks or bends and is obviously providing power to the TV.

Can anyone help with this?  I feel like I'm yelling into the void.

userwdGvNbNj39
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey Astronaut, 

Exactly the same issue with Sound and picture appearing suggesting to connect the cable to one box and TV although its already attached and the Sound is ON. Did all the DIY but no luck.

userEDRwOTU66v
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue, please help