JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV makes terrible rining sound trying to program remote to control optically connected Vizio Speaker

(Topic created: 02-21-2021 03:48 PM)
userrRKEaS6Npc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm about ready to throw my 65" Samsung Q80 TV (Model: QN65Q80RAFXZA) out the freakin' window. I'm done with Samsung TVs. I have a Vizio soundbar (Model: SB3621N-E8M) connected to the tv through the optical output. I have programmed the Samsung remote to control the soundbar. Well, the TV randomly decides it wants to switch back to the TV speaker. I have to then change the audio output to optical (and the remote no longer will control the soundbar). Then, a really loud ringing sound will come on for maybe 5-10 seconds. After the TV makes this sound, a message will appear saying you can now control the sound bar with the remote, or that the tv was unsuccessful in controlling the sound bar with the remote. Sometimes it will go through this process 4 times in 1 hour!! If it does determine that it can now control the soundbar, it will go away. However, that's only for that session of TV viewing. If I turn the tv off for the night and come down the next day, it's now using the tv speaker again and if I switch to optical, we begin the cycle of loud ringing sounds to attempt to control the speaker with the remote. I'M SO DONE WITH THIS TV!! Yes I've updated the firmware, uplugged the tv to reset, performed a factory reset, performed an audio setting reset, reset the vizio sound bar, used the PCM setting instead of dolby digital. I don't even care if the remote works for the sound bar at this point, just stop interrupting my tv shows every 10 minutes!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have you tried using a different Optical Cable? Does the television do any of this if you leave the sound bar disconnected?

userrRKEaS6Npc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Good call on trying a new optical cable. Thanks for the suggestion. It has only been 12 hours, but so far so good. I'm gonna give it a week and if no issue, I'll accept as solution. In the past, the tv has been fine for days, sometimes weeks, and then all the sudden it starts making that noise and trying to control the speaker every 5-10 minutes. Hopefully it was just a bad cable. I've unplugged the optical cable before as it was making that sound and it stops immediately, so I'm sure it wouldn't do it when the bar was disconnected, but that defeats the purpose. Then I'm stuck with the hurting tv speakers and no sub-woofer 😞

0 Likes