JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV showing black screen keeps turning on and off by itself, tv is not responding to the remote

(Topic created: 10-12-2021 04:43 PM)
Lovron
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a Samsung - 75" Class Q60T Series QLED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV QN75Q60TAFXZA and it turns off and on by itself and now the tv turns on and off non stop with no picture. 

7 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! I do apologize for the inconvience this has caused. Does the tv stay on long enough to surf through any channels? Also, can you try the steps provided in the link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108742/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userzNlRzaxr0s
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Having the same happening to my UN43TU7000FXZA. First a line appeared across the screen earlier today and then all of a sudden it started the same issue you had. off then backlights on, then off, over and over again. no picture. Did you happen to get an answer besides the canned one below? Mine is just beyond a year old and just out of warranty. I may have to take to social media to get this fixed.

TFFW
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We have the same issue. Nothing is working to fix it. And, ours is just past the two year warranty - 1 year Samsung and 1 year Costco. Literally just 7 days past warranty expiration. I've been seeing many posts that show others having this same issue. Wondering if it is really a known glitch in Samsung's electronics with this design but it won't be addressed.  $700 TV is likely junk now. Last Samsung we will ever buy.

- KM
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I get how annoying that is to have your television acting up.  Especially this time of year. Check out the following link, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109749/  If you still need assistance, after performing those steps, I would be more than happy to look into this further for you.  Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number of the television?  You can send one by clicking my name or by using this link http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

TFFW
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We called support and it is being handled. I was actually impressed. So, I take back my frustration. A technician is coming out. Thank you.

- KM
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

That's great to hear! 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userHYBid83hnp
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same issue with my QN70Q6DTAFXZA. Purchased it March 26th 2021. About a week ago a line appeared across the screen but only via HDMI. Not present during use of any of the Smart TV apps. So I switched ports and issue resolved. Switched back to port 1 and no line. Then it started to shut off randomly without warning. I read this is caused by the remote online but could not find a good fix. Today, I paused my movie and let the dogs outside. When I got back two minutes later, it was doing this power cycle thing. 

No video but the backlight does come on. No Samsung splash screen, just a blank black screen. This last for about 5 seconds and then it powers off. The standby light flashes twice and then it turns back on to the black blank screen. The cycle continues until I unplug the TV from the outlet. I have bypassed my surge protector and tested in a known good outlet. I have completed a power drain on the board (hold down power button for about 15 seconds with the system unplugged) and no change. What I find odd, if you hold down the power button with it plugged in it still completes this cycle. Like the board is bypassing the buttons post options. 

I have submitted a claim with warranty online but for some reason it states my warranty is in a review process. I hope that Samsung makes good because I would hate to move to another company. Especially since I have been loyal to them for decades with Galaxy phones and generation after generation of TVs. , even our fridge, washer and dryer and stove are Samsung.