JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The Samsung remote wont scroll up or down in the settings sub-menu!

(Topic created: 03-27-2020 03:54 PM)
userSuNuNieok5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Im using the Samsung smart remote that came with The Frame. Ive made sure its successfully paired - done the thing where you press the return and pause button to confirm. The TV light does blink every time I press it but will not actually complete the function. Ive changed the batteries as well - and since the light is flashing on the remote I dont think its a remote thing. Just to clarify - all the buttons (up, down, left, right) appear to work everywhere else - in Apps and in all other TV functions which makes me think it isnt the TV remote sensor either. It is only when I click on Settings that it will let me scroll up/down on the main settings menus on the left sidebar, and move right once to the first of the sub-menu items, but wont actually let me select the sub-menu item or scroll down to other items. So for instance I can go to Settings > Picture. And then scroll right for the sub-item Picture > Picture Mode. But cant actually select Picture Mode to change it. Or cant scroll down to Picture > Expert Settings since it is the menu item under Picture Mode. I cant factory reset the TV either - because I cant access the settings to do so. I tried a version through the e-manual which takes you there directly - but then can't scroll left to select 'Yes' when asked if I want to reset even though until then, the left scroll button has not been an issue.

36 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm sorry to hear that, could I have your current software version? Also how long has this been occurring? I see that you are trying to factory reset the TV are you able to sue the buttons on the TV to select the factory reset?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
AldanLee
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

We are not able to scroll in the submenus (up, down, or SELECT)

userSuNuNieok5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Since  we got the TV on the first day. Reset helped - but we no longer use the app since Im pretty sure thats what caused it. 

0 Likes
user5XCJNohOUM
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, I'm experiencing the same problem, it looks like it's affecting a few customers and factory resetting the TV only sounds like a temporary solution. Since this is obviously a software bug, can we please get an ETA from Samsung to fix the issue via software update? 

KoalaUltraman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung really need to step up to fix this. I'm still having the same problem. I was one of the earliest one who experienced this "sub menu not working", "Cannot click on OK to Agreement for Online Remote Assist" just because the OK or Enter button does not work.

No one was paying attention to me and see now more people have the same problem.  Please get this fixed once and for all Samsung. This is unacceptable. I meant each of us paid at least $1,000+ for your TVs and then your updates

userNhpEs73HtV
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Got the same problem!!!!

AldanLee
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Im having the exact same issue on my 2019 QLED Q70R, I think there might be an issue with the smarthings app glitching out the tv. Samsung chat support is garbage, they keep saying they can't remote assist. 

userSuNuNieok5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

We think its the app too. Trouble only started when my husband and I got the apps on our phone and started using them instead of the remote. We were able to get remote assistance to help us reset  the TV - even though while they were in, they were saying they were facing the issues and didnt think they would be able to reset.  The reset however helped. And we'de decided to no longer use the app. Really frustrating for such a expensive TV to have a glitchy app that cant be used - hope they fix whatever issue was causing it. 

userN6WG69rDvd
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same problem. How did you end up doing the reset? I can use bixby to start the reset, But then I get stuck at the final confirmation, where I can not go left.