Original topic:

This video is in a format that can't be streamed to this TV.

(Topic created: 11-09-2023 02:54 PM)
virginia2020
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

About a month ago, I could airplay all the videos I had on my iPhone14 Pro Max to my Samsung Q60BD 75 or my TU700D 43 TV.

Now I cannot. I am not sure if this has to do with a Samsung Update or an Apple Update.  Again, I could airplay all my videos with my TVAPP on my iPhone, now all I get is:

This video is in a format that can't be streamed to this TV.

If I load the same video into the PhotosAPP, and open it from there, I can Airplay the very same video that cannot be airplayed with the TVAPP, so it must not have anything to do with the format. I have searched all the support pages on apples, and hundreds of apple_ users are faced with the same problem, and apple_support_ is unable to provide any solution.

Again, a month or so ago, I had no problem streaming any video from my iPhone via Airplay on my TVAPP, now I can't with the response as typed above.  I can airplay the same videos from my MacBook without any problem,  just not my iPhone.  The files have not changed, so it is not a format issue.

Apple_ tells me it's not their problem. I am presenting here, by some chance there is an intelligent and experienced support person on Samsung that is smarter than the rejects at apple_. Mind, you,  I have suspect that this is due to a recent apples iOS update, and apple_ is too reckless and lazy to beta test their iOS updates, and all they do is tell their users is that it must me a problem with the  TV, or the file format.

Would appreciate any help.  Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the exact same issue. I drag the movies to my web browser and airplay them from there just fine. Apple won't admit this is their problem, though, so we're out of luck I think

0 Likes
Karinya325
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a variant but must be the same underlying problem - have always been able to airplay home videos from my Mac Air or iPhone to a Series 7 and Series 8 TV, suddenly stopped working.

Airplay still works just fine from an iOS device on iOS 16 and 17.

Airplay does not work from a Mac OS device (Mac Air on Monterey 12.7 and iMac on Ventura 13.6) - trying to steam an MP4 file from Quicktime just does not work, video playback does not start when TV selected from Share menu. From the Apple TV app, trying to play the same file gives the error "Video is in a format that can't be streamed to this TV".

Playing a movie preview from within the Apple TV app works just fine with Airplay ... so does seem to be something specific with MP4 that has changed recently. Have been through all the online stuff with resetting devices and networks etc etc with no luck.

As with OP, no idea if underlying issue is with Apple or Samsung ... hoping for a magic fix to appear 🙂

0 Likes
lizmphillips
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem here, has anyone gotten any help from anyone on this??

0 Likes
DRG1
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Me too. That error alternates with the sound playing and black screen error. Any one been given a solution that works to either?

0 Likes