Original topic:

Very disappointed with Art Mode / Night Mode / Sensors on 2022 Frame TV

(Topic created: 06-07-2022 06:02 PM)
userwDfn9dhHk4
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've tested this extensively since getting a new 55" Frame TV 2022 this week. "Night mode" is not a feature you can calibrate, and it requires an incredibly bright room to function correctly. For those of us who don't light our living rooms like a hospital, this means that night mode will automatically turn off Art Mode while the sun is still up, the lights are on, and you're still in the room.

The only way to keep the frame in art mode is to have incredibly bright lights in your room. Despite my Frame TV being right next to the warm hue lights that light my room enough to play board games, eat dinner, and live my life inside my home, it's not enough light. My home automation doesn't turn my living room lights on until sunset because the room is definitely bright enough to live in until then, but it's not bright enough for this TV to realize that it isn't "night time". To give an idea of how badly calibrated night mode is by default, today my TV automatically turned off of art mode at around 6:30pm, sunset is at 8:37pm. When my living room lights turned on automatically, it's still not enough light for night mode to re-enable art mode. You have to shine a flashlight at the TV to get it to wake up, and then when you turn the flashlight off the TV goes back completely off. I'm really disappointed with this feature, which was the primary reason I bought this TV. It looks like I'll have to disable night mode and manually turn this TV on and off from art mode when I wake up and go to bed. Really bad experience all around, would not recommend this TV to anyone.

4 Replies
userD0y1uRjPZv
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi, I have the same issue as you , on the 65" 2022 frame, below is not a fix, but better than what Samsung offers. I placed a decorative light under the frame with HUE light and have the HUE motion sensor trigger the lights, which then triggers the light/motion sensor of the TV. 

IMG_5287.JPG

0 Likes
userD1A9suelaM
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Don't know how recently this was posted, but there might be an update coming that fixes the issue? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01216882/

0 Likes
Rdrakea
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recently got a '22 Frame 55" and agree - major issue with sensors.  Art mode goes off in just a few mins in the middle of the day.  I turned Night Mode as a workaround, but to me the art is very dim when it's bright daylight.  I am on software 1302 which is newer than 1205 Samsung has posted on their support site. 

0 Likes
userxh2w2gILSn
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have also recently purchase 2022 frame tv with this issue. Does anyone know when a fix will be release to resolve this poorly implemented  feature?

0 Likes