Original topic:

You Tube TV

(Topic created: 04-08-2021 01:53 PM)
Walt13
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have Q80A 55" and am going through the learning curve. First I did a search on You Tube TV and there was nothing that applied. I had been using the app through ROKU with no problems but I want to switch the ROKU to another tv and use the You Tube TV app only. I downloaded the app and got it registered with the TV. For a while it works fine but then the screen is blank. The guide picture is fine but no channels show up. I did delete and reinstall the app but am getting the same results. You Tube TV is working fine on everything else I have. Everything else seems to be fine. Thanks for any help. Walt

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
perrybo
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Walt13, this is off-topic but I see no way to reply to your review posted in the product page. You had a problem with a sticker on the screen. I had this problem, too. Turns out there is a nearly invisible static-cling cover over the screen. If you can find the edge, it peels off. This removes the sticker/barcode label as well as a red triangle in the lower left corner of the screen - both of these are actually on the transparent cover.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am getting the same black screen you're seeing while using that app and doing channel changes. I've read that the issue needs to be fixed by YouTube. 

0 Likes
Walt13
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully it does not take too long to correct. In the meantime I'm back to the ROKU.

0 Likes
Walt13
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Me again - after working OK for a while it is back to doing the same thing. I did get an email a few days ago that google had updated the app and that it should work which it did for a while. I did see another post in the HD and UHD section a week ago about the same thing and a reply also indicated that it was an issue on googles end and that "perhaps" the software needed to be updated. I do not know what they meant by the software - probably the app but aren't the apps updated automatically? I am also wondering why YouTube TV does not have a dedicated icon on the home row like Netflix, HULU, Amazon Prime and others have. One thing I do get to temporarily fix the problem is to unplug the tv for a few minutes and plug it back in. Maybe I need to get a smart plug and have google or Alexa do the power disconnect for me.  Hopefully someone has a solution that will work. Thanks Walt13

0 Likes
Solution
perrybo
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Walt13, this is off-topic but I see no way to reply to your review posted in the product page. You had a problem with a sticker on the screen. I had this problem, too. Turns out there is a nearly invisible static-cling cover over the screen. If you can find the edge, it peels off. This removes the sticker/barcode label as well as a red triangle in the lower left corner of the screen - both of these are actually on the transparent cover.

0 Likes
Walt13
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

There was a sticker in the upper left corner (I think) with an animation on removing the screen protector. In my haste to get the tv up and running I didn't pay attention to it. A couple of weeks ago I spoke with a friend who had gotten an LG tv and his sticker said "REMOVE ME". That's when I figured out to take the stuff off. Thanks for getting back with me. I like the picture and sound a lot though still having occasional You Tube App issues.  

0 Likes