JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 12-01-2020 12:43 AM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
userVHs2bj6DdR
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issues mentioned all over this place in my Q9fn. Can we have a prompt update on this? 

0 Likes
userVfXb5GUcFg
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem here. No 4K when playing Youtube video's in the app since the last update. I guess we're just one of many.

I've been reading the topic extensively. Unbelievable that Samsung isn't replying in a more supportive way. I understand that taking care of technical issues takes some time, but this issue seems to be going on for weeks now. And most of all... they're not communicating. 

The lack of supportive and understanding communication by Samsung makes people feel as if they're not being taken seriously. And it's not 2 or 3 people. It's a rather large group. Please so something about this, Samsung. Even if it's a Youtube issue. Then let us know how to fix this. It's a serious problem. 

0 Likes
user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

This was the most expensive TV I've ever had... and the one with more problems...

- Optical One connect wire broken at 6 months (I've never touched it)
- Remote and Bluetooth module failed (they replaced it)

- YT 4k not working during weeks
- Other screen problems out of warranty...

I think it's the last one...

userUvbpqGBIVY
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Absolutely same here issue meanwhile I have optical fiber. Model 65Q7FN 2018; TV firmware 1310.4; YouTube version: web_202001129_00_RC00. @samsung978531, please follow up issue and make some kind hotfix on that. Nothing is helping, did already hard reset, reinstall YouTube, reset settings, unplug tv from power wait for a while and turn back again. Switch 2 different routers, NOTHING! helps. Please follow up issue. I'm already consider to purchase new LG CX OLED TV during holidays...

userMoHP8k15gA
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

It just occured to me that I have the YouTube app on my Sky box. I tried watching a video from my library with that and get absolutely nothing showing! Screen is just blank and max video resolution available is 480p. The app version on my Sky box is the same as my Samsung TV - web_20201129_00_RC00

All of the free stuff works, it's just stuff in my library that doesn't. Well, doesn't play at all through Sky box and only can't play 4k through Samsung TV, so Samsung TV app is actually working better.

Having looked back at earlier posting I can see that YouTube are changing versions! Also "RC" normally signifies Release Candidate and not a finished version

web_20201104_00_RC01

web_20201115_00_RC00

I now suspect more than ever that YouTube are causing the problem and keeping quiet but it is annoying and perplexing why Samsung can't just state that it is not their fault and YouTube are working on the problem.

userlcz2tKG2eW
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue: the 4k videos no longer work. The resolution is forced to 360 and if freeze if I try to set it in 4k.

YouTube via browser work fine.

Samsung, I await a speedy fix.

It's ridiculous that you haven't done anything yet! At least give us a chance to revert to the previous firmware!

0 Likes
userKAsW8YgbHM
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just discussed with Samsung tech support, basically she said they won't be taking this as a priority because the problem only happens with YouTube. It is Youtube responsability to fix their app to make it work with the Samsung Smart platform and not the other way around....

Bottom line, we need to keep this problem alive...and do the same on Google side. Eventually they will consider a fix.

0 Likes
userQh6UrI6qzW
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

It aint a problem with youtube app beacouse on my other nu8072 with older software, YT works just fine.

0 Likes
usertvspIw9WNb
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

They launch a firmware update that broke YouTube app and fixing is not a priority.

Unbeliavable. Want to watch YouTube videos in 4k? Buy a new Samsung TV, until we break that too.

Crazy company.

0 Likes
userUvbpqGBIVY
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi all, 

YouTube version web_20201201_00_RC00 issue still the same. Force to 360p. Hate those company already. 

0 Likes