JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 01-23-2021 03:32 PM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

well i just bought an LG CX OLED so...im DONE with Samsung. good luck yall 

userMKfUtO5deG
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same for me, on 1310.4 firmware and Samsung 55" Q6FN model.

YouTube video with a 1080p resolution and enabled "stats for nerds". At least in my case on the "connection speed" it shows 50+Mbps and on the "buffer health" it shows +60 seconds. But when I change it to 4k, everything stops, connection speed goes to 0, buffer health goes to 0, network activity goes to 0.

The last Samsung firmware broke the YouTube app, I have zero issues with Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video.

userMAs9lLgTYQ
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am on 200 Mbps connection and can confirm this buffer drop issue since late November. 4K 60 FPS is just stuck at buffering for most of the time. However plays fine in the browser.

Interestingly there is no response from @samsung978531 @Support on this and an acknowledgement that this is even an issue. In the back probably both Google and Samsung are haggling on who fixes it. Make the code open source and let us do the stuff if you can't fix it.

userkNObKwdAYr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The silence from both Samsung and Google is deafening. They could at the very least acknowledge the issue and say that they are investigating. That's not too much to ask.

In the meantime, on every video that fails to play properly, I have been sending feedback and choosing either "Buffering" or "Video is poor quality". If everyone does this, and it actually does send feedback to them, then Google should be bombarded with feedback and it might get someone to pull their finger out. 

userQh6UrI6qzW
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey guys! Maybe lets start making new posts, every single of you lets start the New post and copy paste the problem.

Also include the link from this post.

Maybe the the will see and start answering what is going On?

Ill start! 

userxcDcgIUx72
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

SAMSUNG do something !! aeescham...

Q6FN cant be used to play youtube videos and that is like 90% of its purpose.

userr9NEuW3bMW
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a un55nu7400 and have the same problem playing YouTube content at 1080p and above. Buffers for ever, no connection activity and automatically sets quality to 320p. I'm on a 200 mbps internet connection. 

usertWt1OwnwJE
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I posted my own topic to bring more attention to this and it was deleted. 

0 Likes
userJWMdfcmOUM
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same problem here. My TV is UE43NU7472 and firmware version 1310

0 Likes
usertPoZGpOqsw
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue. Samsung Q8FN 75 4K will not play in the youtube app but works fine in the browser.

The lack of response and resolution of Samsung will affect my decision buying my next TV.

0 Likes