JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 02-04-2021 10:38 PM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is the same someone posted days ago...

Why we need to contact Youtube/Google? This application was broken by the firmware update and we pay Samsung for the Tv and the embedded applications installed.

Can someone with not the latest firmware(1310.4)  check if he/she can use Youtube app with 4k resolution and via Wifi? Please also confirm the Youtube app version...

I've sent some feedback through Youtube app and website but noone takes care of it. We are on a dead end road with a dead TV...

user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same here... it worked for some minutes at 4k and then 360p again... U_U

user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Any update? new YT app version... the same issues...

danKL
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I noticed I have web_2022110202_00_RC00 and this is even worse than yesterday. When I select 4k it just shows the spinner. Its like the YouTube app doesn’t have enough memory allocated to it as it never seems to buffer 4k.  The other thing is if I watch on the the tv internet browser if plays 4k without any issues at all. 

user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

But the problem is that this feature (watch videos at 4k) works sometimes via Wifi, always via cable and with previous versions of the Samsung firmware... They broke our TVs...

0 Likes
usertWt1OwnwJE
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

My tv will never play the 4k video over Wifi.  

Samsung's silence on this issue is DEAFENING and has clearly had impact on many of their customers experiences and plans to purchase any further technology from them. This doesn't seem to matter. 

0 Likes
userzATq4AGuKJ
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I think i might have found a fix for the problem. Go buy a new tv that is not made by samsung since they obviously don’t care about their customers and their latest tv lines also have issues with ps5/ series x consoles. Samsung is obviously a sinking boat when it comes to tv and i regret so much that i even got another 2020 line tv for my bedroom a couple months ago. I suppose that some thing will stop working on that because of software in a couple years as well just so it incentivises me to buy a new tv. Guess what, i will buy a new tv soon but i’ll be damned if it’s a samsung again. Heard that lg is making decent tvs lately and their oled line is the best in the market 👍

danKL
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I really think this is a YouTube issue not Samsung as YouTube stream fine on the browser.  Also as the YouTube app versions changed my problems got worse. 

YouTube clearly knew there was an issue they are just horrible at communicating, I find that to be the case with most Google products  

it just updated again and I think it might have fixed it. I did make a few complaints to google/YouTube.  

im on version web_20210203_00_RC00

so far things are back to normal

user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Maybe the issue is from Youtube side... but Samsung is not taking care of their users...

It will be faster and easier for everyone if they communicate the problem to YT than if we do... They have all the technical info of the problem, we don't, they know all the info about the new firmware, we don't, they are a big company, we are not... a lot of things that they can do and we can't.

danKL
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

My YouTube updates and it seems to have fixed the 4k issue though it still buffers to 360 sometimes 

0 Likes