JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

m8 screws for mounting Q60 (55 inch) are not wide enough in diameter

(Topic created: 10-05-2020 03:32 PM)
userQaZ41f6B8Q
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a universal VESA mount that won't sit on my 55 inch Q60. The bolts just slide in the back of my TV using every variation of M8 recommended in the manual and in hardware stores. 

My local tech shop was kind of baffled that the screw would go in and just spin freely. Could it be that the TV VESA holes were just not milled well? What could I use to firmly tighten screws from the brackets to the back of the Q60? 

For what it's worth, I tried this exact mount on a Samsun 55 inch UN50TU700DFXZA and the m8 screws worked fine on the back of that set. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userQaZ41f6B8Q
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey Hodgepodge96, I'm not sure if my username reflects it, but I posted the original thread. I found a workaround that may work for you:

I went to a nearby tech store (like Best Buy) and bought a universal mount screw and washer set. The combination that worked for me, that was not included with my VESA mount (nor at the hardware store), was an M8 screw with 50 length and both a medium spacer as well as a washer. The washers have an inner bit that needs to be popped out to accommodate the bigger screws.

I tightened all four m8 screws with a spacer and washer combo. They spun freely until the last few turns of the screw and then held fast. Good luck

View solution in context

4 Replies
Hodgepodge96
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
I am having the same issue. My new QT60 50in says it takes M8 screws but they are too narrow and spin freely.
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recommend reaching out to samsungparts.com  They can also be reached at 800-627-4368

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userQaZ41f6B8Q
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey Hodgepodge96, I'm not sure if my username reflects it, but I posted the original thread. I found a workaround that may work for you:

I went to a nearby tech store (like Best Buy) and bought a universal mount screw and washer set. The combination that worked for me, that was not included with my VESA mount (nor at the hardware store), was an M8 screw with 50 length and both a medium spacer as well as a washer. The washers have an inner bit that needs to be popped out to accommodate the bigger screws.

I tightened all four m8 screws with a spacer and washer combo. They spun freely until the last few turns of the screw and then held fast. Good luck

Hodgepodge96
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Ok. I will try that. Thank you.
0 Likes