cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaorSh
Constellation

2018 Q9FN could get HDMI 2.1 via firmware update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone and Samsung support.

I bought 2018 Q9FN 65inch and as the topic ask, there is possibility that the Q9FN model could get a  firmware update, when HDMI 2.1 will be finalize into the market some features such as 4K 120hz for an instance will be available into 2018 model? 

Would you think Samsung will make such a firmware update? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 2018 Q9FN could get HDMI 2.1 via firmware update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are unable to speculate on the release of future updates.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

8 REPLIES 8
userneh5bR1CBL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NO!    I made the mistake of buying the same TV as you and then learning that I/we were CONNED into believing this product had ALL of the

latest and greatest features available and what it didn't have they'd come later via upgrades.  This was my 4th and last Samsung TV II'll ever buy!

usercrGUoO28Mf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My best guess is no. Not via firmware update. They would more than likely release a one connect box upgrade for the q9fn to have the updated connections. Firmware updates cant supplement hardware limitations so that's my best guess and hopefully that's the case. I'm looking to buy a new TV too and I need this exact question answered before i buy. My js9500 is broken and I need to replace it

Knaub
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m mostly interested in HDMI 2.1 for eARC. Not sure if the display itself is capable of 4K @ 120hz, but all the audio processing and such, is done at the one connect box. I would gladly pay for an upgraded one connect box to add some of the newer features. What I will not do, is buy another Samsung tv just to get eARC, my Q9 75” is a beautiful TV and I have been quite happy with it.

userneh5bR1CBL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would sure be GREAT if Samsung would let us know that they will soon be offering us a NEW One Connect Box with the NEW Firmware we desire.....but I am not holding my breath.  I am ever, ever closer to buying the Nvidia Shield TV largely because I can bypass Samsung's lack of support for Dolby Atmos and DTS: X that way.  Been some rumors that Nvidia might becoming out with a new Shield so I have restrained myself from that purchase for awhile as much as I have hated to.

PS:    SAMSUNG - IF you might possibly read our obvious need and ability to pay you even more MONEY [get your Attention!!!] PLEASE create and sell us an UPDATED One Connect for our Q9FNs'.......THANKS!!!

userD1QlXoqHdw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thats right we need an one connect box uprade to HDMI 2.1 minimum for the 2018 Flagship model Q9FN and a software update too, to run this without errors of corse. Please Samsung do it ! Regards from Germany

Highlighted
userP5df1J6n2L
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ps5 and new xbox comes next year with 4k 120hz output!

I hope will come a 4k 120hz firmware,or a new one connect box with hdmi 2.1

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are unable to speculate on the release of future updates.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userXobGq9AWtU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Speculate ,really ? I mean we paid big bucks for this TVs , the least you could do is give us an update so we could use the TVs to their intenteded purposes . 

We only want 4k @120 Hz is that much to ask ? Also , when bought , at specs , it doesn`t say that 4k is only playable at 60Hz . It just says TV supports 120 Hz . 

So , we`re only asking for an update which would only take you a few days to write /send to us .

Thanks