cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mac-CT
Asteroid

2018 QLED TV (Q6FN Series) firmware update not showing via Internet or installing via USB

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi folks.

I'm the very proud possesor of a Sansung 2018 QLED TV (Q6FN Series). It's still sitting on version 1251 firmware even though I can see 1260.8 on the support site.

It doesn't show up during an Internet update or when downloading the file to a USB stick.

Frustrating since Samsung made a huge announcement with Apple a few months ago.

Any ideas? - BTW I'm an Apple Certified field engineer.

Thanks a million.

Ken.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2018 QLED TV (Q6FN Series) firmware update not showing via Internet or installing via USB

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the link to the firmware update:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2018-qled-tv-q6fn-series

I don't see it from the TV itself but will try a USB update on my own Q6FN later today.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: 2018 QLED TV (Q6FN Series) firmware update not showing via Internet or installing via USB

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What happens when you try the update using USB?

Mac-CT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

@userlU6GzpQHMf wrote:

What happens when you try the update using USB?

That's exactly what I'm attempting to do.

Raf1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure when you unzip the file to the USB drive, the only folder on the USB drive is the folder named IMAGE, otherwise the tv will not see it..

Mac-CT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been there, done that.

Tried every alternative folder structure.

The image file just isn't showing up.

Raf1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you insert the usb drive, prompt the tv to try to update, it should ask you if you want to also scan the USB for the firmware update, select yes and it should find the IMAGE file.  The firmware is region specific.  US and Korean firmwares are intechangeable. The tv will not automatically update the firmware by simply plugging in a USB drive with new firmware on it and it will not install firmware not designed for for it (it is region based).

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The USB root should contain the unzipped folder named "T-KTM2AKUC". Inside that folder should be a sub-folder called "image".

Mac-CT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there.

Tried everything.

T-KTM2AKUC with image folder inside

Image folder on the root with the two files inside

Just the two files on the root

Nothing worked.

Strange.

Mac-CT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup -

Tried that as well

Bamaboi89
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I downloaded the file extracted it then moved to usb worked fine for me