cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergeUk1IS9sR
Constellation

2019 Q70R USB Power

Both the 1/2 and 1 amp USB Ports supply 5 volts but only if the TV is on. Is there a option to have them always on? I don't see it anywhere in the consumer menu. Does anyone know if it's in the service menu? Maybe I can have Samsung remote in and activate it. I split the network cable buy adding a small USB powered 5 Port switch. That gave me both the TV and the Amazon 4K fire stick a wired 10 / 100 to my jumbo gigabyte switch in my network room. That reduced the workload on my dual band wireless router but I don't know if it's going to affect automatic updates on both the TV and the fire stick since the switch goes down when the TV is off. Once TV is on switch Powers up quickly and works excellent.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Knaub
Galaxy

Re: 2019 Q70R USB Power

Couldn’t you just use a usb wall plug like a phone charger?

usergeUk1IS9sR
Constellation

Re: 2019 Q70R USB Power

Sure you could. As long as it puts out 5 volts DC in at least 500 milliamp.I've got several laying around but they are dual voltage fast chargers. I Velcroed the switch to the back of the TV and the USB ports are just sitting there doing nothing. I've got a two plug 110v outlet behind the TV. One for the TV and one going to the USB power for the fire stick. I'm not sure if either one of these update their firmware and software when they're not turned on. But when the switch is off they're not connected to the internet. I'd be willing to bet there's an option in the service menu.