cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: It is September 2020, where is the promised July eARC update for 2019 QLED TVs

Same here. Waiting for the Update. Want to buy a Q950T soundbar. But not until the eARC Update for the Q90R TV is released.

It's funny, because Samsung is making advertisement, that the soundbar works best with a Samsung QLED TV. Nobody said, that it's only working perfect with a 2020 QLED TV.

So this Samsung soundbar works definitiv better with 2019 TVs from other companys, that already released their eARC update.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: It is September 2020, where is the promised July eARC update for 2019 QLED TVs

I have been on the same boat as you and surely many others that paid a premium for 2019 QLED TV's and Samsung doesn't care to give another official statement, it is the least they could do when a delay occurs (again) and they didn't deliver.  Samsung doesn't respect their customers, it is illogical that Samsung soundbars from 2019 have eARC support and not their companion TV's, ironically you have to use other TV brands to take advantage of Samsung soundbars, which others brands that released in 2019 had no problems or massive delays in supporting eARC.

If they have some decency and not only care about money they should give another official statement for another estimated date update with eARC support, honestly if this doesn't happen it will be the last time I purchase a product from them, other brands care more about their customers and don't force you to purchase their next flagship model because they couldn't deliver the features they promised you in the first place on the model that was supposed to have it, other brands did why not Samsung? we already paid a premium and they should care.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've bought Samsung TVs for years and have always sworn by them until now.  I bought a Q70R and thought it was brilliant until the 1361 firmware.  Now my ARC kills off the audio on my soundbar.  Samsung have failed to fix the issue twice and I am waiting for an engineer to decide what to do.  If the eARC firmware update isn't coming, then I will be royally hacked off.

Bottom line, I don't think I'll be buying Samsung again.  Not worth the ridiculous price, given the quality of the equipment and the level of service.  Poor

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I am in the same boat as you and looks like 116K people that are waiting for this update. I understand that COVID affects all, but this is a software update, not a new product . Come on Samsung, we are counting on you to come through.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Sorry, no eArc firmware coming for Q90R QLED TV. Hard to believe .

Highlighted
Asteroid

No eARC firmware update for Q80R confirmed. Atmos with ARC

A definitive but negative answer from NZ Samsung Technical Support (3 August 2020). To quote:

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics New Zealand.

This is to update you regarding your concern about the eARC support on your Samsung Q80R TV. We apologize for the delays.

Upon checking with the senior technicians, they have confirmed that Q80R will not be supporting eARC. It will not be available because it will need to adapt to the hardware capability of the TV and needs licensing / agreement with EAC.

We hope that we have provided the information that you requested.
Should you require further information, please contact our team via the channels below:
Live Chat
http://livechat.support.samsung.com/CUSTOMER/NZ

Open 24 Hours 7 Days a WeekSamsung Customer Care
Phone: 0800 726 786 (0800-SAMSUNG)
Open 24 Hours 7 Days a Week
Kind regards,

--------
Technical Support Representative
Samsung Customer Care    

My set up is 55” Q80R TV (firmware T-MSMUABC-1361.0) connected to Q950T soundbar.

Dolby Atmos does work with Netflix Atmos content but ONLY with Netflix Premium account (Netflix are very clear about the this). It is not a seamless action though. Sometimes (not always) when I play a known Atmos movie I have to manually go into the TV sound set up and select Dolby Digital + (disappointing as it seems the firmware should auto select sound format recognition but unfortunately not always). Also, if Dolby Digital+ is not selected the Atmos logo will not appear on the Netflix movie. If the ducks are aligned and Atmos is on, the soundbar will display Atmos (not lossless sound though).

However, with known Apple TV+ Atmos content and the Samsung Apple TV+ app, Atmos does NOT play through the TV (no Atmos icon either) and when I check TV sound settings the Dolby Digital + option is greyed out (if I try to select says this function is not available). I would hate to think this is another Samsung vs Apple issue.

Since the above notification regarding no eARC for the Q80R TV, I emailed the Head of Corporate Marketing NZ (10 August) asking for confirmation that the tech information is correct (with the remote hope that it was incorrect) and also outlining the Atmos experience. No reply.

The picture quality linked with the soundbar output is fantastic and I continue to be very impressed with the sound bar after having a large speaker 5.1 set up linked to a Marantz. The immersive sound especially when Atmos is functioning is brilliant with extremely rich bass.

It's unfortunate that eARC is not being introduced on the 2019 QLED series. In a way Samsung are letting themselves down by knocking off the edge of the potential for this fantastic technology.

(Apologies for the rather long post and I was not able to add as a reply to existing posts)

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: No eARC firmware update for Q80R confirmed. Atmos with ARC

Hi have the Q90r QLED 65" - just bought the SONOS Arc soundbar. When playing Netflix I can get Dolby Atmos sound (you can check on the SONOS S2 app) and what an awesome difference in sound. So imersive. I hope Samsung does the right thing and sends out the eArc firmware so owners of their TV products can enjoy ATMOS sound. I am glad I didn’t  puchase the SAMSUNG HW90R soundbar. As I would’ve felt totally ripped  off. Now, only a little.. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

When is EARC Coming?

The silence is worse customer service than the broken promises and the lies; I will add a topic related to this scandal every week until somebody replies with something meaningful

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: When is EARC Coming?

i red about it they said mid july 2020 update will come and then earc will work. but still waiting for it ..