cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: 2019 Qled Tvs eARC UPDATE !!!! It’s coming

I also feel the same way. I recently purchased  the QLED "Flagship " Q90R TV and only bought it because  Samsung said the firmware update for eArc was forthcoming ? I guess I will return this TV - this was going to be my 3rd Samsung TV and potentially last. Still keeping my fingers crossed though as I love the picture but want the Dolby Atmos sound with the "matching " Q90r Samsung soundbar. It's crazy that they do not support their flagship models.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Any word on the Q90R getting the eARC update

Its been months now since the Samsung NL community manager confirmed the 2019 Q range would be getting the eARC firmware update. I only purchased my Q90r based on this information. If this is not true I would like to be informed asap so I can at least pursue a refund and purchase a compatible (non-Samsung) TV instead. 

This is now getting absolutely ridiculous, as even a simple firmware update is too much to ask from a company who demand premium prices for incomplete products.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Any word on the Q90R getting the eARC update

My Q80r TV just got firmware update 1371 yesterday. I'm not sure if it includes eARC though. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Will we get the earc update for the Q90R as promised ??

Will we get the earc update for the Q90R as promised ??

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Will we get the earc update for the Q90R as promised ??

I entirely lost faith regarding any Samsung promise. First time they got me was with the KS9500, for which new OneConnect boxes were supposed to be released to "future-proof" the tv. It never happened. Now it's the eArc update for the Q90R. I was still hopefull until mid-July, when they finally released a new firmware, without the eARC update and they went completely dark with the community.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Will we get the earc update for the Q90R as promised ??

Just chatting with USA Samsung - NO eArc firmware update coming for 2019 QLED TV. Suggest returning if able.

Highlighted
Constellation

eARC update forQ90R tv.

Just wondering if there is any new information about the eARC update for the Q90R tvs?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: eARC update forQ90R tv.

Nothing new I'm afraid. Still waiting tentatively!

I had a live chat with Samsung Support last week and got the normal "we can't comment on future updates" blah blah.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: eARC update forQ90R tv.

No. Just spoke with support. Sorry. I am in the same boat as you. I suggest returning your TV if able. as no eArc firmware ever coming to the Q90R TV.

Highlighted
Asteroid

It is September 2020, where is the promised July eARC update for 2019 QLED TVs

In Feb 2020: Craig Cunningham, Head of Product Marketing, said  "nothings changed in regards to that [earc on q90r], we will be updating and supporting [earc] as we originally said".    https://youtu.be/NMI7nqS61nI?t=433 

In May 2020: Craig Cunningham, Head of Product Marketing for Samsung, said regarding the Q85R and Q90R that the TVs with the OneConnect box will be getting an update for eARC and that "it has been confirmed" for the "Q90R ... the models that support the one connect box". "It's going to be happening soon"   https://youtu.be/O_fiUJlcoO8?t=4884 

In June 2020: Bruce H., the community manager in the Samsung EU Forum said: "All devices using the MuzeM (T-MSMDEUC) platform will receive the [eARC] update in mid-July. The update has been delayed due to the COVID-19 virus." https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/earc-update-voor-q90r-qled-tv/td-p/1780368/highlight...

The Mid-July update (1361.0) came out on July 14th as expected, but eARC support was not included as promised.

Why are there no official updates in the US Forum?

At what point does this become false advertising?

I did a quick non-exhaustive search and there have been 116,629 views on forum threads asking for eARC support for the 2019 QLED TVs. Please let us know what is going on with this update. If it was delayed due to COVID (as you've been willing to non-publicly say to journalists), then just come out an tell your customers. For those of us that own the 2019 Q90R QLED and 2019 HW-Q90R Soundbar, we've given your company at least $5,000 each. You at least owe us an update.