Original topic:

2019 Qled Tvs eARC UPDATE !!!! It’s coming

(Topic created on: 10/1/20 5:29 AM)
useray8irlBger
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have found in a Dutch Samsung forum a " community manager " of their page as said that mid July there will be an update for all MuzeM (T-MSMDEUC) platforms , which is all qled tvs of 2019 bringing HDMI 2.1 to the arc port...... AKA 

MOFOIN eARC !!!!!

links below, you will have to translate it as it's all in Dutch..... I used google browser and it did it for me.. 

please like this if you're excited as I am let's all keep our fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/eARC-update-voor-Q90R-QLED-TV/m-p/1797045/highlight/...

173 Replies
userXSK7upZL6C
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Yes where is it? We will like an answer from Samsung.

rtb1980
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I own the Q90R Soundbar but have been using it with my Sharp for the past year.  I've been considering getting the Q60R TV, it's on sale, but will probably pass if it doesn't support eARC. 

Do we know anything for sure yet on wether the Q60R tv will get the eARC update?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Brad081987
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
according to Samsung I believe the 70r to 90r TV are to get the earc update but to be safe if i were you I would at least settle for the 80r and avoid their QT tvs since they are a down grade from the 2019 tvs.
0 Likes
userwMa0P9Bb0O
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Are the 2019 The Frame are also falling in the group that will be updated?

0 Likes
userV4uoETrYiD
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Still no Update for TV

userMuxx7ezRuX
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I am such a huge Samsung supporter. I bought the Q90R TV and HW-N950 soundbar as soon as it was released. I pay top dollar for all of new gadgets along with mobile phones and smartthings devices. Not only that, but I always promote their product offerings to others. After this eARC fiasco and and Samsung not able to keep their well-documented promises, I vowed to stop buying any future products and moving to their competitors, I'm done!  I spent close to $9K in a single year and didn't come close to getting the value that I expected. I am disgusted and so unsatisfied for the money I put in. I have money to spend, but will never buy from Samsung again.

Best of luck to everyone else. I hope you can find a brand that understands customer loyalty. Its a two-way street.

Cheers

usergTgxJJGmUR
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

None of these 2019 samsung tvs are getting eArc it looks like.  Never buy a TV for a feature that is promised in a future update

0 Likes
Koolops
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame
sadly
0 Likes
crs619
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Three months later. 

Q900R and Q90R are the most problematic home entertainment products I've ever owned. I truly regret buying them. eArc update? Hahahaa. Nah, my guy. Not for you. Not for me. It's 2021 in 103 days. I bought the hype and the first year of a resolution that does not exist. Mid level LG televisions from 2014 have eARC baked in. Keep me posted on your 2020 update for my Samsung piece of shiite 8K joke of a tv. 

userp1mLaX5T0e
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

What do you expect from a company that forces ads down your throat on a TV that cost almost $4k. Samsung doesn't care about it's customers, they can't even be bothered to release an official statement to clear anything up. The way I see it, they fed a bunch of BS to the media about how great these TV's are prior to their release and then bait and switched their customers on release.

I hope anyone reading this take a long hard think before supporting this company. Samsung has completely washed their hands of this whole line the moment it was released. Also, their customer support is awful. I spent 2 hours on the line with a support tech when I just bought this TV trying to figure why I couldn't G-sync to work, only to be told that I'm the dummy for trying to use a PC with a TV, and that I should just get a monitor. Their purposely vague marketing uses HDMI VRR and FreeSync interchangeably, misleading customers and offering no clarification.

I deeply regret not buying an LG C9, and now I'm stuck with this TV for the foreseable future. Never again Samsung, I will never buy another one of your gargabe products.