Original topic:

2019 Qled Tvs eARC UPDATE !!!! It’s coming

(Topic created on: 10/1/20 5:41 AM)
useray8irlBger
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have found in a Dutch Samsung forum a " community manager " of their page as said that mid July there will be an update for all MuzeM (T-MSMDEUC) platforms , which is all qled tvs of 2019 bringing HDMI 2.1 to the arc port...... AKA 

MOFOIN eARC !!!!!

links below, you will have to translate it as it's all in Dutch..... I used google browser and it did it for me.. 

please like this if you're excited as I am let's all keep our fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/eARC-update-voor-Q90R-QLED-TV/m-p/1797045/highlight/...

173 Replies
raxx87
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Let's all start tweeting all the @samsung tags, ensure they can't shy away from our requests.

userp1mLaX5T0e
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Adding myself to another thread of customers. Samsung treats their customer base with utter disdain. While I don't hold the mods here personally to blame, lets be real they wouldn't be able to wade into this even if they wanted to, Samsung's corporate leadership has no interest in standing by the products they make.

At this point I have no faith that they'll do a thing to deliver on the features they've vaguely promised. LG clearly cares way more about their preception, especially in niche fields, as can be evidenced by the fact that they rushed a G-sync patch for their 2019 and 2020 TVs as soon as reports came out of compatbility with the RTX 3000 series GPUs. I've bought TVs from them before and will again once its time to replace my Q90r. At this point I fell that all I can do is tell anyone around me to avoid this company like the plague, and I intend do that.

0 Likes
DH17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Just spoke with Samsung USA- no eArc firmware update coming for the QLED Q90R TV.

0 Likes
tamanaco
Halo
Options
Qled and Frame

Just got this 1361.0  OTA firmware update installed on my Q80R. I can't tell what's new and improved on this release,  but it doesn't have the eARC update. (Edit: See my post further down with the details about this release from the Samsung Dutch site)

userBvhpv8YjPT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I think at this point we all know it's never coming.

userWrY2oJXKU5
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I just don't trust Samsung.  That's why I pre-ordered the ARCANA from HDFury.  It splits the Atmos and sends to my Sonos Arc and sends the video to my non eARC TV.  RESULT:  Full uncompressed Atmos :)

Also, the adapter sends Dolby Vision to Samsung...which is a plus.

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Knaub
Galaxy
Options
Qled and Frame

Looks like this will be my solution as well!

0 Likes
usertqNEq4hT0Q
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi would this work with a Samsung N850 soundbar? Or would there be no pint as this is Arc only...

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
CHIEFMEGADETH
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

As a gamer, I don't think it has ALLM or VRR. So its a no go for me.

0 Likes
userm3W5QJbsLc
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I just bought this TV with the corresponding soundbar. I just chatted with a Samsung support rep, she confirmed for me that the 2019 Q80R QLED TV is in fact one of the TVs to receive the eARC update. She went on to say that unfortunately Samsung hasn't released an official date, but speculation is that it will be released later this year or early next year. 

I have attached pictures of my chat below as proof that Samsung has confirmed this info.

Screenshot_20200713-173737_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200713-173954_Chrome.jpg