Original topic:

2019 Qled Tvs eARC UPDATE !!!! It’s coming

(Topic created on: 10/21/20 7:25 AM)
useray8irlBger
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have found in a Dutch Samsung forum a " community manager " of their page as said that mid July there will be an update for all MuzeM (T-MSMDEUC) platforms , which is all qled tvs of 2019 bringing HDMI 2.1 to the arc port...... AKA 

MOFOIN eARC !!!!!

links below, you will have to translate it as it's all in Dutch..... I used google browser and it did it for me.. 

please like this if you're excited as I am let's all keep our fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/eARC-update-voor-Q90R-QLED-TV/m-p/1797045/highlight/...

173 Replies
userFgihaivnsf
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Samsung treats customers like numbers does not solve anything, moreover it makes no sense to have such expensive and recent equipment and no updates. For me Samsung never again very sad with the brand

userHM52aCPokt
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

No eArc according to Samsung chat 

0 Likes
userHM52aCPokt
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Not coming according to Samsung USA chat

0 Likes
userR0em47YRnY
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Honestly, you're not missing anything.  It's buggy and doesn't work as it should.  And it's not just the Samsung.   Other brands have lots of issues with it.  It's not ready to go for the most part.

0 Likes
Rockovissi
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

"Select 2019 TCL TVs get eARC, VRR & AirPlay 2 with OS 9.4 update".

Really? TCL?!

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1602227734

Juan2three4
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have two Q80R TVs, and only one of them got a new update version 1371 yesterday. My new receiver that supports eARC hasn't arrived yet, so I can't test if it's the update we've all been waiting for.

userrkX5zVp6w1
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

October 15th 2020.  What's the current status of eARC? Been waiting months now for a feature that was promised by the product manager and influenced my purchase decision.  

userfB3GKgECsr
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

It isn't, tried today with my q90r sound bar. The earc options aren't available in advanced sound settings on the TV, and there's still undefeatable audio lag when watching 4k blu ray through arc. The update was rather beefy, so I'm hoping this is prep for a second smaller update to enable the feature, but we'll see. At this point I'll likely just keep passing video through the sound bar. It's the only way to keep dts x support anyway, since the q90r won't pass it through.

0 Likes
Brad081987
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
can anyone confirm what is in the q90r version. 1371.0 firmware update?
0 Likes
userp1mLaX5T0e
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Nothing of value. I've updated mine and see no changes. Freesync turns when enabling Gsync in the nvidia control panel, but it doesn't actually work. No eARC support, and no noticeable changes on my q90r.

0 Likes