Original topic:

2019 Qled Tvs eARC UPDATE !!!! It’s coming

(Topic created on: 10/23/20 5:02 AM)
useray8irlBger
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have found in a Dutch Samsung forum a " community manager " of their page as said that mid July there will be an update for all MuzeM (T-MSMDEUC) platforms , which is all qled tvs of 2019 bringing HDMI 2.1 to the arc port...... AKA 

MOFOIN eARC !!!!!

links below, you will have to translate it as it's all in Dutch..... I used google browser and it did it for me.. 

please like this if you're excited as I am let's all keep our fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/eARC-update-voor-Q90R-QLED-TV/m-p/1797045/highlight/...

173 Replies
userkPTndS2V62
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello. Im from Portugal. I did not have that upgrade to do. Maybe not available to my region yet. Im still on 1361. 

Tomorrow i'll recieve the Sonos Arc. 

I should be happy, but... Now i know i should have went to C9. Samsung you Will never frame me again. Sad.

0 Likes
userp1mLaX5T0e
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

I think we're all in the same boat. I'm trying to sell my Q90r so I can buy the C9 or CX. Samsung has proven to be a horribly unreliable company and I will never buy another Samsung product again.

Brad081987
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
I figured, I also have the q90r sound bar and they added earc to the bar only hope they still honor their word and maybe update the firmware next month... doubtful but can only hope.
userCZLt21a0V5
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I currently have the Q80R and have not noticed any recent updates. Would be a shame that we do not get updated for eARC or 2.1 hdmi. Although to be fair, I don't think our TV's came with 2.1 even though it's a 2019 version :(. But that is weird as Sony has updated their 2018 TV's with eARC and 2.1. So I don't know how that works. 

0 Likes
Brad081987
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
you can use a USB and download it from the Samsung site to update your TV. earc for the most part is just a firmware that's just moving 1s and 0s around ;)
0 Likes
userqH9IjkunMh
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Do you have a link where I can download this from please?

0 Likes
Brad081987
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
I looked on the website but didn't give me the option to download your models firmware??? maybe they don't have the option to download it from their site and you'll just have to see about downloading it to your TV directly in your settings. if not maybe contact Samsung and see if they can email you the firmware and you go from there. from what I can see the new update on my 90r is not noticeable so it's not like you're missing anything.
0 Likes
ChrisXB
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have been answered by a Samsung representative today in the european forums that the Q90R will not receive the eARC update due to hardware restriction.  Next tv won't be a Samsung, that's for sure!

0 Likes
userT8tPiztG0M
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Do we know why the U-turn? A few weeks ago it was confirmed from Samsung customer support (including screenshots as evidence) that it was coming but the date was TBC. Now it's not coming at all. Can we get an honest background into what changed?

0 Likes
usereZP98rHGFY
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I would not take that info as certain confirmation that it is not coming. Hardware restrictions seems off, why would they say yes its coming if the hardware made it not posdible. Also, we have other features from hdmi 2.1, pretty sure eARC can be added with no problem, they have done it for 2019 soundbars. Im not saying it is or it is not coming but that excuse does not add up. If this was the case, i assume Samsung would release official confirmation that it is not coming. I still have hopes for it but Samsung has handled this issue very very poorly, lack of solid info and facts that change on a weekly basis it seems. The eu cs manager did say he was confident by end of year  but he also said that korea couod not give him an update on this. We'll just have to sit tight and hope Samsung does not just ignore all the customers who want this who spent ALOT of money on the flagship tv. I thought it would stay relealvant for at least a year or 2 with updated festures.

0 Likes