cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: 2019 Qled Tvs eARC UPDATE !!!! It’s coming

Not that Samsung cares, but I will never buy one of their products ever again. Anything with the Samsung name will be automatically disqualified from potential purchase. No eARC on my 2019 q900RB is infuriating, smartthings app for android rarely works, They do not support major industry standards like dolby vision to force you into their technology which is not supported industry wide. Terrible customer support.  Once you buy a product from samsung you are on your own. 

Astronaut

Im right there with you.. I have a 2019 q900RB and it will be my last samsung product once I sell it.

Constellation

Found this information in a different conversation thread

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Why-did-Samsung-UK-Business-say-the-Q90R-received...

They say eARC is already available in UK for Q90R with firmware update ver 1374.0 (Dec.29)

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE75Q90RATXXU/#downloads

It seems that version is not available yet for North America (stuck in 1372.2) but still, a New Year's present or another disappointment??

Constellation

Based on the current state of the discussion in that thread and on Twitter, it seems it's unfortunately the latter, but hoping to be proven wrong.

Asteroid

Q90R has been updated to 1374 as per photos. You can see the USB stick on the right of the photo sticking out of the One Box.

Updated to 1374

However I can't see anything different in the Sound menu. Hardware wise I use an AppleTV 4K connected directly to the bar in order to access Amazon Video, Plex on my NAS and my AppleTV movie library. The latter contains Atmos titles, which means the soundbar's tiny display has always displayed Dolby Atmos when I start any content.

I do have a PS4 Pro hooked to the bar too for BluRay titles. In addtion I have a SkyQ box that is hooked up to the One Connect Box. It doesn't help that there seems to be no changelog for the firmware.

Constellation

I've installed 1374.0 now on my Q80R and I can't find any appreciable change in settings either that would suggest new eARC functionality. I have an Onkyo TX-NR797 AVR, and an XBOX Series X, and no matter how I connect things (XBOX directly to HDMI 1 + AVR on HDMI 4(ARC) or XBOX directly to HDMI 4(ARC)) I'm not seeing any ability to get Atmos on the AVR or see any new refresh rate functionality. If there's any eARC support added, it's not working with this combo of gear.