JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2020 Frame - Art Store Content Corruption?

(Topic created: 04-25-2020 10:57 AM)
ajstan99
Halo
Options
Qled and Frame

I am experiencing three issues when trying to view and select some of the images on the Art Store. I have a current paid subscription. 

1. When selecting certain images from the TV or the SmartThings app, the image flashes briefly in Art Mode then takes me to the Membership page or the art selection page.

2. Some images in the TV app have been replaced by a gray lightning bolt image and are not able to be viewed  

AA87638B-9423-485C-AC77-BD792D25186B.jpeg

3. Some images are mislabeled for name and artist. 

F7574588-F876-460F-B6D4-EABED6DE56D8.jpeg

Is there a way to reset the content of the Art store on my TV and my phone or to get things working correctly?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ajstan99
Halo
Options
Qled and Frame

I needed to reset the Smart Hub.  Most of the issues seem to have been resolved other than the free artwork remaining mislabeled on the TV and in the SmartThings app

I think there are a couple of bugs:

1. When selection are removed from the Art Store by Samsung, they are not being updated/synchronized with the TV or the SmartThings app. I think that's why I was selecting certain pieces and they weren't displaying.

2. When I un-favorite a selection from the SmartThings app, the rest of the list becomes out-of-sync unless I exit my favorites and re-enter after each time I in-favorite a selection.

Here is how to get to the reset command:

Settings > Support > Device Care > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub

The reset was a pain because I had to start from scratch in setting up menus, loading apps, logging into each, reconnecting the SmartThings app and remarking favorite art selections.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
tomsframe
Halo
Options
Qled and Frame

Has it ever worked for you, or is this a recent problem that has developed? What have you tried i.e. an obvious thing is to log-out of all devices and re-login. Another would be, since the Smarthings app is fed by the TV, to reset the TV and to start-over from scratch logging-in to your membership.

userCrkdzZVdtx
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I am experiencing this same issue...

0 Likes
Solution
ajstan99
Halo
Options
Qled and Frame

I needed to reset the Smart Hub.  Most of the issues seem to have been resolved other than the free artwork remaining mislabeled on the TV and in the SmartThings app

I think there are a couple of bugs:

1. When selection are removed from the Art Store by Samsung, they are not being updated/synchronized with the TV or the SmartThings app. I think that's why I was selecting certain pieces and they weren't displaying.

2. When I un-favorite a selection from the SmartThings app, the rest of the list becomes out-of-sync unless I exit my favorites and re-enter after each time I in-favorite a selection.

Here is how to get to the reset command:

Settings > Support > Device Care > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub

The reset was a pain because I had to start from scratch in setting up menus, loading apps, logging into each, reconnecting the SmartThings app and remarking favorite art selections.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
Skynet01
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

The actual reason this happens is the TV eats up available storage space. You are starting out with 1.5GB out of 4GB available. Resetting the Smart Hub resets the storage as well so you will be back to 1.5GB free. That's why images are not showing up (no space for them to load) and everything feels glitchy and sometimes some functions don't work, like switching to a different slide show etc.

Over the course of weeks, TV will slowly eat up space until nothing is available. To confirm this, if you are experiencing issues you can go to apps then settings and it will show at the top amount of available space (mine is at 1% right now, with all stock apps that I never used). Of course, there is no way to manage this space or see what's using it up because Samsung hates you 🙂 

What makes this worse is even disabling auto-updates will not stop this from happening. I'll be doing my 2nd Hub reset in course of 2.5-3 months this weekend.

Enjoy!

0 Likes
userlnhLzAzXc5
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Same thing happening to me. Used to call this "memory leak" in the old days. A gradual build up of digital garbage until memory is wacked. You must reset the hub or the TV (settings). The problem is it dumps all applied data when reset. (wifi hook up, apps, etc). This a royal pain. I get the impression that Samsung Tech support cannot handle these types of issues. They need to put someone on this, not just let tech support take the heat. Where is management - don't they read the forums? This is an ongoing issue with many customers, apparently, and reviews are going to sour. Better get on it!!

0 Likes