Oooh i got more for this thread. I also experienced all of the above bugs..
..But also have these bugs
- Art Mode slideshow speed gets reset overnight to 6hrs
- When loading images from USB all of their titles are 1/1/1970
- Sometimes when switching from one slide show to the other the new slide show won't start
- Ambient mode sometimes won't start at all and requires that tv is powered off with the cord.
Would also recommend adding
- Ability to shuffle art instead of being sequential in the slide show (I always end up seeing the same photos)
- Ability to put art into folders and not just have favorites.
- Ability to skip to the next art when in slide show mode by pressing the right button on the remote
- Ability to select multiple artworks apply mattes and customizations to them or delete them even if it is in the mobile app. If you just uploaded 100 artworks you have to go one by one to change them
- Ability to have some sort of default setting for new artworks. Why does all art have a shadow by default even if it can be displayed full screen?
I second everything said above, and particularly the #4 suggestion for improvement.
To add one further Art Mode bug, it appears that there is no way to have Anynet+ automatically disable once Art Mode is activated. As a result, if you have a soundbar or sound system connected via HDMI-ARC and intend to play music through it (such as Spotify through bluetooth or wifi to the soundbar), Anynet+ will change the input on the external sound system from your chosen input back to HDMI-ARC. Given Art Mode doesn't create any audio, there's no need to have the external sound system automatically set to HDMI, however Anynet+ will force any input selected to HDMI within about 5 seconds.
Having contacted Samsung, I've been told this is presently not possible. My only solution appears to be (a) turn off Anynet+ each time before enabling Art Mode; or (b) connect the tv and external speaker/ soundbar with another (lossy) connection, such as optical.
Grateful if anyone has encountered a solution, or if a firmware release is in the pipeline to fix the bugs in this thread.