cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

2020 Frame Motion Sensor Doesn’t Work

I just hung my new 2020 Frame 55" TV. The motion detector is not working.  I have tried all of the settings, but it appears this function does not wake the TV from sleep mode.  It seems this was an issue with the 2019 model from other threads. Is this a known issue on the 2020 version or is my new TV defective and should be returned?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 2020 Frame Motion Sensor Doesn’t Work

Screenshot_2020-03-24-11-43-26.jpg

I think that you could check, to make sure that there's nothing blocking the sensor.maybe pull it down a little. To get more  clearance from the frame that came pre-installed on your new 2020 frame tv..

Highlighted
Asteroid

Unfortunately, that doesn't fix my problem. Even if I wave my hand under it or use a flashlight, the motion sensor does not bring the TV out of sleep mode.  Thanks for your response though.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the same issue with a 2020 model 65" Frame TV I installed a couple of days ago. The motion turns the tv on when I enter the room 80% or more of the time, but at some point during the day it will fail to do so. When it "locks up", it doesn't matter how much motion I create in front of the tv, the art will not display without using the remote. I have a 2019 inch Frame TV in another room that never fails to come on.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have had a 55 for aboout two weeks now. it seems like it works 80% of the time. Sometimes it gets into a state where i have to power off the tv (long art mode button press) or unplug and replug to get it working again. But it is not consistent. i was under the impression that the 2020 has "improved" sensors!

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue with my 2020 frame.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There's not any sort of consistency as to when it works or doesn't. I read that Samsung fixed the issue with the 2019 version with a firmware release?  Will we get one too or is the TV defective?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am really hoping we can find a solution.  So far, I have been unsuccessful at connecting with a person on the phone at Samsung, after multiple attempts.  Granted, these are challenging times.

Highlighted
Constellation

How do you pull it down ?
ty

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm also having this issue - terribly frustrating!

The Frame will successfully detect no motion then go to sleep, but no matter how much I wave my hand, it just won't wake up!

I have a Sonos Beam in front of the TV, but that shouldn't make a difference, surely? There is a good 2.5" clearance between the Beam and the sensor.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just got my 55" 2020 Frame TV.  So far, everything looks good except the motion sensor.  I am putting it on the floor to test it out.  After the 15 days return window, I will hang it or return it.  Yes, that's probably not the best position to test motion sensor but I want to avoid installing wall mount if I may return it.  Motion sensor did work but not 100%.  Maybe 50% so far.  I need to do more testing to get more data points.  I notice there was another thread on the 2019 motion sensor issue and someone here mentioned their 2019 motion sensor never failed.  Someone here also mentioned their 2020 motion sensor works 80% of the time.  Looks like this motion sensor definitely has some consistency issue in both 2019 and 2020.  Hard to say what the root cause is: design?  sensor?  software?  installation?  Or a combination of these.  There is nothing blocking my sensor and I don't want to touch it.  I am afraid I may break it.   I also did not see instruction in the manual about adjusting the sensor.  I hate to return this just because of this motion sensor.   I still have 10 more days to decide.   It is a nice feature.  But flaky feature may be worse than not having the feature at all.  It reflects the quality of this product.   My Frame TV motion sensor once detected motion 10 feet away.  But it cannot detect when I move my hand inches in front of it.  Samsung is good at many things but not motion sensor.  My garage motion sensor light switch works 100% from day one, no adjustment whatsoever.