cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

2020 QLED Firmware 1301.5 - FILMMAKER Mode

I downloaded and installed the new firmware at lunch and the only new function I've seen with a quick review on my 65" Frame is the addition of Filmmaker Mode.

According to the online user guide, Filmmaker Mode will turn on automatically for content flagged as such, but it appears to have an overall positive effect for general SDR and HDR when manually switching to it. 

As for the rest of the update, only the same, generic release notes were provided.  It would be nice if Samsung would provide a list of new features and issues that were addressed. 

- Model : Q950T, Q900T, Q850T, Q800T, Q90T, Q80T, Q8DT, Q70T, Q7DT, LS03T, LS01T
- Version : 1301.5
- Improved usability 1. Improved picture quality 2. Improved browser performance 3. Improved app performance 4. Improved stability 5. Improved usability of input devices

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 2020 QLED Firmware 1301.5 - FILMMAKER Mode

I am actually not able to find it with the (search for update ) and also not able to install it  manually with usb Which is weird , i got the Q70t 

Highlighted
Halo

Every product has its own support page with downloads for firmware and manuals.  Here is the page for the Q70T.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/qled-tv-q70t-2020

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I was hoping the update would fix the eARC issue on my 2020 Frame TV

Enabling eARC results in no audio at all ...

No luck after applying the firmware (yes my soundbar has eARC)

Highlighted
Constellation

Earc- set audio to pcm instead of auto fixed my e-arc issue 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Then you're probably only getting 2.0 stereo instead of 5.1 or atmos.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have a similar problem with my Q90T. My Pioneer receiver has regular ARC but having any audio going from the Earc on the TV going to the regular ARC on my receiver I have periodic audio dropouts for like a second then it comes back on. I can see my receiver losing the audio signal on the receiver display. The speaker icons disappear then reappear. It's really annoying. Turning off Earc on the TV doesn't help the issue. Never had this problem with my KS8000. I definitely think it is an issue with Earc talking to ARC. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Wonder why this isn't available through the TV menu? I just discovered it today and installed on my 2020 55" Frame with USB drive.

Is Music Mode a new option in Ambiet mode?

Highlighted
Constellation

So without this 1301.5 this filmmaker mode wasnt in the tv? I'm just making sure I have the correct update new buyer here 

Highlighted
Halo

I just noticed Filmmaker Mode with this version.  I don't recall seeing it before.