JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2020 model 55" The Frame TV: 'Spectrum' app for no reason; cannot remove?

(Topic created: 06-08-2020 08:30 PM)
userKukoMhBAcE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

2020 model 55" The Frame TV, latest FW (1115). I added a new Sony Blu Ray player via HDMI and the Samsung TV identified it as a 'Spectrum' device, seemingly a cable modem for some other ISP. It also added a 'home' app called Spectrum. Easy fix I thought, as I navigated over to Inputs and corrected the label in the Inputs menu, identifying the device as a Blu Ray player. Alas, the Spectrum app remains, 1st in the list, useless, and unable to be removed. I checked Self Care, elseware, and I cannot find any way to make this useless app go away. It wasn't present to begin with; am I forced to live with it for the life of the TV now?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Qled and Frame

Try to hover over the Spectrum tile, then long press on the Enter button with your remote. From there, you'll see a drop down menu including a Remove option to delete that app from your home screen.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Options
Qled and Frame

Try to hover over the Spectrum tile, then long press on the Enter button with your remote. From there, you'll see a drop down menu including a Remove option to delete that app from your home screen.

View solution in context