Original topic:

2021 Frame TV Audio Dropping with Apple TV

(Topic created: 06-19-2021 06:36 PM)
userBMk8D7iAu0
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I recently purchased the 2021 Frame TV and have only been using with the new Apple TV. Periodically, when starting a new show or movie, or when selecting play after being paused, there will be no audio. I will have to back out of the show and hit play again (sometimes repeat this a few times), before the audio returns. Thought maybe it was the Apple TV, so returned it and purchased a new one, but the issue persisted. Tried resetting the tv, smart hub, etc. and no luck. Anyone experience something similar?

3 Replies
Options
Qled and Frame
It's most likely due to manufacturer differences. You're using a Samsung TV with an Apple product. They're direct competitors so it wouldn't surprise me if this is why.

Regardless, check for updates and continue to do so periodically as this issue could be randomly patched.

Hope this helps. ☮
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Do you have an external speaker hooked up? Checking for updates is recommended, I would also try a different HDMI cable.

0 Likes
Cyberbuilder
Galaxy
Options
Qled and Frame
Check the Apple TV settings for sound out. Make sure it's Dolby Digital or DTS. This is an Apple TV issue where it doesn't select the right mode automatically. I had this issue with all of my TVs from different brands.
0 Likes