Original topic:

50" Frame freezes in art mode slideshow

(Topic created: 06-16-2021 09:31 AM)
userhiJKX8YpIx
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a 2021 model Frame TV 50 inch.  I have uploaded a couple of hundred pictures.  When I select slideshow, either in order or random, the screen will freeze after roughly a day.  It never freezes on the same image.

Has anyone else run into this situation?  Is it a known problem?  Any scheduled date for a fix?

Thanks,

Kirt

23 Replies
HughG16
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I think you may have sucked up all the memory. Here's an answer I found that might help a little: "

Settings->Support->Device Care->Manage Storage

Then I deleted as many apps as I could (about 6) and checked all apps for cache or disk space to purge.

Note: not all apps are selectable, not all apps have something to purge, but after deleting about 6 apps my slideshow started working again."

0 Likes
userhiJKX8YpIx
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Thank you for the reply.  However, I do not believe that is the problem.  I took a picture of how much memory the TV says it has free.  It says 52% free.

So, again, slideshows freeze about every day.  We have to exit all the way out of a collection and restart the slideshow.

See the picture here 

0 Likes
jovapo
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm having the same issue with my 55" frame in art mode. For me I'm using the built in art. Both the free collection and the paid for collections will stop changing the art being displayed after a day or two. Art mode still works with the frame turning on/off automatically with motion/light but the art being displayed doesn't change. As the OP said the art that the slide show gets stuck on is different every time. 

To get it to work again I need to manually go in and start the slideshow again. Would like to find a fix for this.

useraZeb944kJr
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the same problem with two 2019 Frame TVs. The art stops changing after a day or two and I have to go in and restart the rotation manually.

userhiJKX8YpIx
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

This has to be a bug if I'm not the only one experiencing this.  Does anyone from Samsung watch the community?  It would be nice to know if the company is looking into this.

user4ZhJyfiU6k
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I'm having the same exact problem and would love to see it resolved! Or if it's intended behavior, I'd like that to be clear and to have the option to have the slideshow run indefinitely.

userGPYe61mp8F
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Same issue here. This happens when the TV turns off and on again - it's stuck on the last art piece that displayed. @CommunityUser26, please respond!

userwWUcz5pWOp
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

same issue here! the picture colors are corrupted when the slideshow freezes and I have to turn off art mode and turn it back on to fix the display. This happens roughly once per day on a 10min rotation interval.

19foof58
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
Same issue here!!! I have to go in and restart the slideshow