JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

65” Q80T Sound Sensor Notifications Don’t Stop

(Topic created: 04-05-2020 01:23 AM)
userYbDHcqhk5P
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

My television appears to have an issue where the sound sensor will turn on and then off regularly. I've deactivated all the "intelligent" settings but it still continues. It's is extremely annoying as the notification takes up about an 8th of the screen. It's a 65" Q80T with a single HDMI cable running from the eARC HDMI to my receiver. Audio is playing from the receiver. Any one else having this issue or had any success deactivating notifications?

bcj186
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Yes. As I stated, even tried turning off everything. With a sound bar plugged in the Sound Sensor on / off alert continuously pops up over and over just As the OP mentioned and as other have mentioned in similar threads. Only removing the sound bar from the ARC HDMI input stops this notification. Additionally the alert will pop up a few times when using a game console bit tends to only do it a few times instead of repeatedly. 

userhbRXeN6yLz
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

New Q70T owner here. I'd like to add that this also occurs with connected Bluetooth devices. All Intelligent services (audio and video) are turned off and they were popping up for me about once every 2 seconds last night, while I was trying to watch something through a BT headset. Also happens with my BT Samsung soundbar. I currently dont have anything plugged into the ARC HDMI.   

userf6q11j3Azs
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Ditto with a 2020 Frame 65"

0 Likes
userTIO1hazVXZ
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a Q90T and when I connect my headphones via bluetooth,  I get the same thing. Very annoying. Hopefully Samsung will correct this soon.

userYuxK2Dlo3W
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Another 2020 F65" Frame owner with same issues when using Bluetooth headphones. Not sure how this make it through testing to production.

0 Likes
user5I0MhO2Nsw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Looks like its the same for my model. I just bought 55" Q70T and I cant for the life of me get this Sound Sensor notification to stop. I try all the setting possible and its not working. I have my soundbar plugged in via eARC HDMI. I had a 2018 QLED with my soundbar plugged via ARC HDMI without a problem. 

0 Likes
userxh0QJqFffI
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Found a temp fix in the user manual on page 15.

So far no more notifications and I can still use my soundbar. Just move the sound sensor button to the right (located behind the letter "S" on the Samsung logo at the bottom of the tv next to the power button) while the tv is on. 

SmartSelect_20200405-041730_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

usercDr7orjohI
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Good job! This seems to have worked for me as well - Q80T 65"

At least until my soundbar comes in this week... Samsung needs a fix for this!

0 Likes
Skynet01
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

Nice find, but i have 2020 the Frame and dont have that button 😞

userIEg52Q7VEF
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the same problem too. I have a Samsung BluRay player, Portal TV, and a Comcast set top box plugged directly into the HDMI ports. 

0 Likes