Original topic:

65" QN90A Blue Stuck Pixel when VRR is Enabled

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 06:00 PM)
Chesterfried
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have encountered an issue where a single pixel turns blue and becomes stuck when enabling any form of VRR, including Gsync and FreeSync. I have swapped cables and inputs and the issue persists across both my AMD laptop and Nvidia RTX 3080 GPU. The pixel is also visible on the Samsung overlay when VRR is enabled on the current source and is even visible when viewing diagnostic images in the Device Care menu. As soon as i disable VRR or switch to a source without VRR enabled, the pixel disappears. I'm most likely going to replace it since i'm still in the return window, but i thought i would post about it here to see if anyone else has encountered this before.

0 Likes
8 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I understand how this may be frustrating, if this is occurring on all sources and during the picture test this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usery9fhWWmWQR
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the exact same problem! One single BLUE stuck pixel ONLY when vrr is enabled. Could this be a firmware issue that is fixable?

0 Likes
usery9fhWWmWQR
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the exact same problem with a 65" Q70A and RTX 3080 Ti.

Did you replace the TV?

Everything works perfect except that one blue stuck pixel when VRR/GSync is enabled. For me it's about one foot up and one foot over from the lower right of the TV.

0 Likes
Chesterfried
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have a replacement coming tomorrow, so i will know pretty quick whether this is a widespread issue. I contacted support as well, but like the moderator's response above, all i got was a generic response, so i would say there is no guarantee this could be addressed by a firmware update.

0 Likes
usery9fhWWmWQR
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Thanks for replying. I'm very interested in hearing the results. I'm also within the return window.

0 Likes
Chesterfried
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I got the replacement hooked up today and I'm not spotting any pixel irregularities when VRR is enabled. So if you're in the return window and this sort of thing bothers you, I'd recommend replacing it. If it doesn't bother you much and you bought it direct from Samsung, customer support might be able to give you up to $100 back to keep it.

0 Likes
usery9fhWWmWQR
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Got my replacement as well no issues. Weird defect.

0 Likes
Chesterfried
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I ended up returning my replacement because of some bad backlight banding. Got my 2nd replacement last week and it has the same VRR blue pixel issue that my first TV had. It also has a red stuck pixel that turns bright green when VRR is enabled. Am I just unlucky or is the quality control on Samsung Tv's just that bad? Really getting frustrated at this point.

0 Likes