cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

75" Q60 remote will not turn on/off Bose Cinemate series II

I have my Bose Cinemate Series II speakers connected to my Q60 through the optical port. The remote will adjust the volume but it will not turn the speakers on or off. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: 75" Q60 remote will not turn on/off Bose Cinemate series II

I have the Samsung Q70R 75" with the same problem. My Bose Cinemate Series II won't power on or off with the Samsung remote. I'm also using the optical Port connection. Volume and mute buttons work fine but the power button on the remote will not turn the Bose system on or off with the TV. Has anyone solved this issue?

Highlighted
Constellation

I had same problem. During set up, power test need 3 or 4 times test and eventually it succeeded in connection with cinemateseries2 but when power off and on tv, it lost control of power on/off of speaker. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Experiencing the same problem, but also can't adjust volume with the remote neither. Power on/off test works after the second try though, but then the settings are lost, and it does not power up when the TV is turned on.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Have you found a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue on a new Samsung Q70T.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Have you found a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue on a new Samsung Q70T.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi has anyone found a solution to this problem?

having similar issue with my Q900R where the sound system doesn't turn itself on automatically.

thanks

joe

Highlighted
Astronaut

Go to system settings, expert settings then turn on TV controller lock. Worked for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

Exact same problem here (although with Bose Lifestyle V35). Sound can be controlled, but the device is not powered on or off with the TV.

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having similar issues with the Bose Cinemate 15.