cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

75" Q80t earc audio cutout.

I have an Xbox one X connected to TV. 

I have an HDMI 2.1 cable connecting Xbox to TV. 

I have another 2.1 cable connecting TV to my sound system both sides are plugged into their e-arc ports. 

Dolby atmos is selected on the Xbox one X and it sounds glorious. I have pass-through selected because it introduces at least a quarter second lag when not selected. Everything pretty much works like magic except for one piece.

Every 45ish minutesish the sound completely stops going to the surround sound for I would say a second or two. It goes out with no clicking sound or anything and comes back the same way.

When Xbox is connected directly to the surround sound receiver this doesn't occur. I have updated the TV the version 1301 back when it launched and that didn't fix the issue.  I have no idea if the TV is updated to version 1301.5 because I thought it updated automatically, but it still only says 1301. So idk if the 0.5 increase fixed the issue or not?  Anyone have a suggestion?

It looks and sounds great until it cuts out really randomly. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 75" Q80t earc audio cutout.

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tired a different HDMI cable? Also have you made sure that your receiver is also up to date? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have tried other cables and it does do the same thing. The Sony receiver I have is up to date and like I said works great when is connected directly. 

Wish there was a page to tell us everything fixed with each TV update, would make it easier to know if the dolby atmos pass through, through earc, was being optimized, or what ha ya.

Improved sound, improved picture doesn't really tell you much. 

Highlighted
Supernova

This may be other items in your audio chain. Have you tried troubleshooting for this issue on the Xbox or the surround sound system?

• Powering off and on all devices?
  • Unplug and replug?
  • Try some different cable
  • Try different ports

---

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have tried different devices, I have a pc that sends dolby atmos to the TV and it does exactly the same thing.  Different cables were put on each device and each device has been shifted to different ports.  I have even tried different cable with the earc ports just because that had to be checked too.

Oh and I have unplug and replugged every device multiple times.  Even went as meticulously as doing an item order plug in... TV, receiver, Xbox (or pc). I even tried plugging things in in reverse because why not right?