JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

75Q80T October 2020, Dish Network voice control stops working after power off

(Topic created: 01-21-2021 01:34 PM)
jtk421
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

New install. Thought I'd never want to use the Samsung remote with my setup, but everything was working great, including controlling Dish Network via voice, e.g., "channel 3".

After powering off my TV and the Dish receiver shutting down either then or on its own timeout time, the voice control does not work. The TV says it's tuning that channel, but my Dish receiver does nothing.

I unplugged the HDMI and removed the Dish Network source, then reconnected and rediscovered and reauthorized the TV, and the voice remote worked until later (not sure if TV was powered off, or Dish receiver, or both).

The channel button itself still works to go forward/backward, bring up guide.

Is there a known issue? Is there a durable workaround that sticks?

0 Likes
2 Replies
jtk421
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Might have figured this out. Will post in a few days if things stay fixed.

It might be that my tuners were all busy and rather than bring up the "Tuner Busy" page where you can manage how to deal with it, the command is ignored. Once I freed up a tuner and tried again, it worked.

0 Likes
Solution
jtk421
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Busy tuners seems to be my issue!

I power cycled everything many times and let time go by, and the voice command on the Samsung remote, e.g., "channel 166", gives me the audio feedback that it is tuning channel 166, and then the Dish Network receiver tunes it fine.

Just now saw my tuners were busy and using the regular ol' Dish Network remote, getting the tuner busy dialog. When I use the Samsung remote to issue the command "channel 166", the audio feedback is heard and then no change is seen on the Dish Network source.

(What's silly about the Dish Network receiver itself is that if tuners are busy and I choose a channel already in use elsewhere, I still see the tuner busy dialog rather than just letting join that tuner.)

0 Likes