JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

'AT&T TV' app DVR playback stopped working

(Topic created: 08-02-2021 01:40 PM)
userMOidpVk85t
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

(I have a new Q8DT TV.)  Something is recently broken in the 'AT&T TV' app.  The AT&T community reports that this is a Samsung problem, with the 'AT&T TV' app on Samsung being unreliable.   What is the fix for this recent DVR playback problem?  Thank you!

21 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

I understand this is frustrating for you. Are you experiencing issues with any other app, such as Netflix or Prime Video? As AT&T TV is provided to Samsung by AT&T, I recommend contacting their support team for assistance.

0 Likes
donnag7777
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issue, plus other streaming issues with a brand new Q70 QLED tv. I have an excellent wifi signal.  I have been in touch with att and tried endless troubleshooting. Samsung is well aware of the issues and it is ridiculous to push this off to att. Now I am told by a samsung tech that I need to add a Roku or Fire Stick to stream. So that makes this Smart tv useless. Most of the issues are on the att app which is supposed to be compatible.

0 Likes
userGHCiEvuXTN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is an issue with Samsung.  If it was the app, it would not work at all  

The FIX and it works every time although inconvenient, is to hard reset the TV. Hold the power button until the TV turns off and comes back on. Open/ return to the DirectStream app and it will now work. It is an issue between Samsung and DirectStream. I only have the problem on my Samsung TVs. 

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

What is the DVR playback problem you're experiencing? Can you be more specific?

0 Likes
userMOidpVk85t
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

It records programs but won't play them back.  I just get a black screen. There are workarounds posted on Youtube (like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jhsIISPveQ&t=11s ) that advise to go through a routine of turning the TV on/off, then holding the button or uninstalling/reinstalling the app, etc. Why should I have to go through this every day? This problem just began about 2 or 3 weeks ago so something is recently broken. Help!

donnag7777
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I done all that, but the issues still persist to the extent that my brand new Q70 QLED tv is useless.

0 Likes
donnag7777
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

If there is even a Youtube video on this issue then it is obvious that there is an issue with these new samsung tv's.  

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

Strange, I have the 2020 model as well but our AT&T TV App works fine when playing back DVR recordings. Is it happening every time or sporadically?

0 Likes
donnag7777
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

It happens all day everyday on my brand new Q70 QLED, and I have an excellent wifi signal with a new mess system. If I hard reset it, I can watch for a short period before the issues persist. 

0 Likes