JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

'AT&T TV' app DVR playback stopped working

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 04:03 PM)
userMOidpVk85t
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

(I have a new Q8DT TV.)  Something is recently broken in the 'AT&T TV' app.  The AT&T community reports that this is a Samsung problem, with the 'AT&T TV' app on Samsung being unreliable.   What is the fix for this recent DVR playback problem?  Thank you!

userz7HvPc6pAw
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
I hope it gets fixed on August 26th when DirecTV Stream takes over
0 Likes
userMOidpVk85t
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Every day now.  I "fix" it and it works for my current viewing session. 

user81eSLBLYM5
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having exactly the same problem with my QN50Q80TAFXZA.  AT&T TV Records fine but 80% of the time the recordings won't play back.  I can play them back on my laptop, phone, and 2 other TVs that have Fire Sticks in them.  The Samsung version of the AT&T app seems to be the culprit.  I hate to use another device in this TV, since I love the single remote.

userz7HvPc6pAw
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
I have the same problem on my Q90 neo QLED. Very frustrating
0 Likes
userMOidpVk85t
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Well, the new AT&T app (Direct TV) is installed, and the DVR problem appears to have gone away.  

0 Likes
userMOidpVk85t
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Well, my assessment was premature.  Problem returned this morning.  Unbelievable.

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can you try to update your TV to 2016.1 and then see if the app still has issues?

0 Likes
userMOidpVk85t
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

That's what I am at and the problem has again gone away since  a few days ago.  Will monitor.

0 Likes
useruvcy1CLqeb
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
I'm experiencing the same issues. All other features work in the app but recordings will not play. This has been ongoing for 3 months. I've resorted to casting from my GalaxyS20 Ultra to my Q82 tv
0 Likes
userGHCiEvuXTN
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The FIX and it works every time although inconvenient, is to hard reset the TV. Hold the power button until the TV turns off and comes back on. Open the DirectStream app and it will now work. It is an issue between Samsung and DirectStream. I only have the problem on my Samsung TVs. 

0 Likes