JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

'AT&T TV' app DVR playback stopped working

(Topic created: 07-28-2021 12:04 PM)
userMOidpVk85t
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

(I have a new Q8DT TV.)  Something is recently broken in the 'AT&T TV' app.  The AT&T community reports that this is a Samsung problem, with the 'AT&T TV' app on Samsung being unreliable.   What is the fix for this recent DVR playback problem?  Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I understand this is frustrating for you. Are you experiencing issues with any other app, such as Netflix or Prime Video? As AT&T TV is provided to Samsung by AT&T, I recommend contacting their support team for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 Replies
Solution
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I understand this is frustrating for you. Are you experiencing issues with any other app, such as Netflix or Prime Video? As AT&T TV is provided to Samsung by AT&T, I recommend contacting their support team for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
donnag7777
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the same issue, plus other streaming issues with a brand new Q70 QLED tv. I have an excellent wifi signal.  I have been in touch with att and tried endless troubleshooting. Samsung is well aware of the issues and it is ridiculous to push this off to att. Now I am told by a samsung tech that I need to add a Roku or Fire Stick to stream. So that makes this Smart tv useless. Most of the issues are on the att app which is supposed to be compatible.

0 Likes
Options
Qled and Frame

What is the DVR playback problem you're experiencing? Can you be more specific?

0 Likes
userMOidpVk85t
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

It records programs but won't play them back.  I just get a black screen. There are workarounds posted on Youtube (like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jhsIISPveQ&t=11s ) that advise to go through a routine of turning the TV on/off, then holding the button or uninstalling/reinstalling the app, etc. Why should I have to go through this every day? This problem just began about 2 or 3 weeks ago so something is recently broken. Help!

Troubleshoot a wireless U-verse TV receiverTroubleshoot from your TV or try some tips:Try Troubleshoot & Resolve from your TVUsing your U-verse remote contro...
donnag7777
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I done all that, but the issues still persist to the extent that my brand new Q70 QLED tv is useless.

0 Likes
donnag7777
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

If there is even a Youtube video on this issue then it is obvious that there is an issue with these new samsung tv's.  

0 Likes
Options
Qled and Frame

Strange, I have the 2020 model as well but our AT&T TV App works fine when playing back DVR recordings. Is it happening every time or sporadically?

0 Likes
donnag7777
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

It happens all day everyday on my brand new Q70 QLED, and I have an excellent wifi signal with a new mess system. If I hard reset it, I can watch for a short period before the issues persist. 

0 Likes
userz7HvPc6pAw
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
I hope it gets fixed on August 26th when DirecTV Stream takes over
0 Likes