cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: AV1 Codec on 2018-2019 8K QLED's

@userObougN3CsW I wasn't doubting your information, I was just curious if you found official word somewhere and had a link.

I know, Samsung support (like any other corporation's customer support) is not well informed: ask one rep one question, get one answer; ask another rep the same question, get a completely different answer.

A few months ago I was in contact with a Samsung engineer (who was extremely helpful) that was helping me with an intermittent brightness problem on my Q900RB. I asked him if we'll be getting AV1 & 8K apps on this TV, and he had no information at this time. That said, I also previously asked him about HDMI2.1 on Input 4, and he said it is already equipped in the One Connect Box (for my Q900RB, at least). And of course, there is still no OFFICIAL word on this from Samsung, as usual...so again, at the end of the day, Who knows...

Highlighted
Asteroid

Eagle problem is nobody knows anything at samsung one thing is for certain the q900 2019 models and earlier do not meet the 8k standards for contrast modulation LG started slashing samsung on the web quite loudly....

Causing samsung to fully redesign their current 2020 8k sets....

Meaning now 50% min contrast modulation as opposed to us having 12/15% which is rubbish.....

Turn your contrast from 0/50 the difference is about 10% it's farcical.....

Yeah the picture overall is ok but so is a q80 or 90 actually they are brighter...

So no guarantee of HDMI 2.1 no 8k codec or av1 no 8k you tube videos bevause of no Av1 also Earc issues...

No real atmos.....

No dolby vision Hdr10 is ok I'm just  saying we have been slightly given a raw deal atm.....   

Highlighted
Constellation

Highlighted
Astronaut

Just had an interesting conversation with support about this, posted it here