JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

About Q-symphony

(Topic created: 06-15-2020 01:32 PM)
usereJXWJwg1tl
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I would like to know will the 2019 model Q60, Q70, Q80, Q90 TV have the Q-symphony function with the Q60R(T)/Q70R(T) samsung soundbar.

Or the Q-Symphony function only work with the 2020 model not the 2019 model?

What are the TV model that fit the new Q60T soundbar with Q-Symphony?

15 Replies
BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I updated my Q60T soundbar's firmware via USB last weekend but it didn't fix the issue.  Still no "tv + soundbar" sound output setting.  The Samsung "Pros" I talked to said they exhausted all options for troubleshooting and all that was left to do was to mail the soundbar to their repair depot for diagnostic/repair or replacement.  I still think it's just a firmware issue and suspect nothing is wrong with the soundbar, but can't get any of the tech support people to acknowledge there's an issue.  I'll post it update once I get the soundbar back (or replaced) and let you know whether q-symphony is actually working at that time.

Good luck.  Please share if you find a resolution.

BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

As suspected, mailing the soundbar to the repair depot was a complete waste of time.  Just got a notification that they are sending it back to me.  The repair summary states:  "NO PROBLEM FOUND"

I don't know what to do at this point, but I am beyond frustrated.  Every tech I've talked to has confirmed that my TV and soundbar models support q-symphony, but it's not working and Samsung's best solution was to mail the soundbar in for repairs when nothing was wrong with it.

0 Likes
userDRu2aEVmX9
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have 2020 Frame TV and Q60T soundbar. I also do not see the TV+Soundbar option. I tried re-setting all the settings and cables. Customer care wants me to try with Optical cable which I dont have (and wasnt supplied in the box). I am hoping its a firmware issue and Samsung will eventually fix it.

0 Likes
user1DJNk6m2nj
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

Since you've made it confusing for customers by saying it's supported on all 2020 models but then not on all models, perhaps there's a better explaination of the reasoning behind that? E.g. the cheaper models don't have enough speakers?

Or will there ever be firmware upgrade which would solve this?

I own a Q60T TV and was going to buy a Samsung soundbar but after reading this topic I'll probably prefer a different brand...

0 Likes
user6f4ZOqNCxV
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I also have a 2020 Q70 QLED TV and a 2020 Q800T soundbar, but do not have access to the Q Symphony. I was under the impression that all 2020 4K QLEDS would have the Q Synphony function when paired with a compatible soundbar... I see that it now lists only the Q80s and up... Is there a reason for this? Is there a firmware update to come?

0 Likes
Samsung_9SzIIaa
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here, I just ordered and am waiting for delivery on by Q70T. I am very disappointed I didnt see this until after I ordered. I guess the wording got me as well. 

I hope Samsung updates the firmware soon! 

0 Likes