Original topic:

After 1460 update, remote OK button no longer brings up input info, 2020 QLED

(Topic created on: 3/12/21 6:28 PM)
Jaymo1978
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi folks! This is a bug I wanted to report. After the 1460 update, I noticed my remotes OK (center circle) button no longer brings up the Input Info banner at the top of the screen. It only shows up when the TV is first powered on. I often use this info display to make sure my series X is sending the right signal to the TV. The issue persists after I updated to the 1462 firmware.

Today, I posted this over on avsforum (post and reply here: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2020-samsung-q90t-owners-thread-no-price-talk.3138076/post-60573558) and to my surprise, there IS a workaround, but it really needs a permanent fix. The workaround is, turning off Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) on the TV. As soon as I disabled this, the OK button once again brought up the input info on the screen, but HDMI-CEC is a major feature of the panel and shouldn't have to be disabled for the remote buttons to have full functionality.

One last item, this fix was reported on a Q90T owners thread, so it appears the problem is NOT limited to my model.

Thanks in advance for your help! 

----------------------------------------------
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you DO criticize them, you're a mile away. And you have their shoes.
0 Likes
0 Replies