cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

All 4 HDMI ports stopped working on 2 week old Samsung 2020 frame

So, I have a 2 weeks old brand new 50" Samsung Frame 2020 model, it worked fine for about a week and a half but, out of the blue, all 4 HDMI ports on the One Connect box stopped working, whatever you plug in the TV shows "No Signal" meanwhile everything works fine and I get a picture through HDMI on the 9-year-old TV that the frame is replacing.

I've checked this forum and it looks like many are having this EXACT same problem, the HDMI ports on the One Connect Box just randomly stop working and the only solution is to replace the whole box, and it looks like the problem isn't limited to the Frame TVs, its the One Connect box itself, and the strange thing is all the other functions work, WiFi, Netflix, Youtube it's just the HDMI ports quit working.

Anyway, I called up Samsung's service they asked me to:

1. Try plugging in a different cable (didn't work)

2. Unplug the TV from power and plug it back in (didn't work)

3. Factory reset the TV (didn't work)

4. Try a different input like PC /Xbox (didn't work)

So, last Sunday, a Samsung tech came home and he diagnosed and said the PCB is faulty in the One Connect Box, initially, he wanted to replace only the PCB, but after insisting he agreed to send a new One Connect, he should have already brought one with him!

And, after going through this community, what concerns me more is that the HDMI ports on the new One Connect Box will also eventually stop working within weeks if not in a month or so, then again ill have to go through the hassle of getting one replaced, totally unacceptable!!! Not to mention, when the warranty runs out, most likely the TV is going to end up in the bin.

Also, since there are so many experiencing this same exact problem, Samsung should issue a recall for the faulty One Connect boxes.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: All 4 HDMI ports stopped working on 2 week old Samsung 2020 frame

@The3rdDimension 

If this happens at first turn on and the unit has already been unplugged and the firmware has been updated all with no success, then a new one connect box and/or cable may be needed. The good news? I believe if the TV is under warranty still you can request a replacement one connect box or cables.

You may need to contact Samsung Support to see if they have a personalized solution for you:

Inside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Outside the US? --> https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Highlighted

Well, the TV is running the latest firmware and the HDMI ports on the One Connect worked fine for about a week and a half.

Since the TV is new and under warranty, I've already contacted Samsung support and asked them for a replacement One Connect Box, but it will take about two weeks, which is coincidentally as long as the ownership of the TV, quite disappointing.

The exact same problem is being faced by folks over here:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Q75R-HDMI-Inputs-NOT-Working/td-p/1050988

So this isn't an isolated issue, I hope someone at Samsung R&D is monitoring these problems and issue a recall for these faulty One Connect Boxes.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi,

I am experiencing, like others, that exact issue. Brand new 2020 Frame, HDMI ports stopped reading any video or audio signal from external device (i.e. Xbox one). Interestingly, under Device Health there is an option to check current HDMI (i.e. HDMI 4) resolution. Mine is stuck at 720/480 60i. Seems like there is a bad firmware, software, or memory issue.

However, a support tech was here the other day and replaced the One Connect box, and still NO signal! They are planning to come back and replace the One Invisible cable, so I will see if that makes a difference. Hopefully it does and this lame issue never returns.

Highlighted

Oh, wow, my Frame also shows the exact same thing in the device health 720/480 60i.

But if the One invisible cable is bad then won't everything stop working? Like everything else works except the HDMI ports, can even play and stream 4K content.

But, It is baffling to see how Samsung is letting this issue fly, I am guessing they did not do enough testing before launching this TV in the market.

Still no update from the service team here. I am planning to call them up today.

Could you please update us if replacing the One Invisible cable solves the issue?

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi,

The techs just stopped by and replaced the One Invisible cable. This did the trick! My hdmi ports are now reading the Xbox one X. Apparently these cables are very fragile.  It is crazy that my Sonos sound would output fine through hdmi, but not xbox or switch. Also, you may want to request your techs to bring an extra One cable just in case this is the fix for you.