cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertQAHjwPhB7
Constellation

Ambient Mode turn off

I start a new discussion, because original discussion with ambient mode timer was deleted permanentelly.

I don't want that this discussions stop, because Samsung QLED Modells 2018 have a Problem in Ambient Mode and Samsung should fix this Problem. This models are the flagships.

The ambient mode turn off after about a minute or two, when the light in the room isn't so bright. The room is not dark. Is as bright, that i can easely read a book. The light sensor detect to less light and darken the display too early.

It can't be as difficult to fix the messure range and bring this mode to fly.  So please Samsung fix this problem. I payed extra money for this feature (ambient mode) and like it is, it is useless.

And please don't write you can turn off the sensor. I think it's important in this mode, that ambient light sensor is on.

22 REPLIES 22
jsplendido
Asteroid

Re: Ambient Mode turn off

Agreed. I realize we can turn off auto brightness to make this problem go away. But that is just a Band-Aid. Auto brightness function is necessary in order for ambient mode to look natural on the wall.

jsplendido
Asteroid

There are enough people here with the same issue. It’s time to start taking this to social media as well. I have been discussing it on Twitter and Instagram for Samsung. 

Basically anytime I see them advertising that they have more artwork coming out I write the following:

Love the idea of more art to choose from. But will #ambientmode be fixed? It turns off after a minute unless you turn off auto brightness. Please fix this known issue...and make all art upgrades and bug fixes retro active to all 2018 #QLED too.

userqZApWCrbgZ
Constellation

My brand new Q9FN is a few days old and when the room gets dark and ambient mode is on the tv goes off after 1 min and telling me to turn auto mode off Samsung is a insane the point of auto mode is so it looks natural the way it was designed please update a very unhappy customer is this fault with all TV sets or just mine I’d like to know that 

userT0o5IjQWwU
Asteroid

Yeah, they deleted the . previous post. I guess they don't want to face the fact that they are fraudulantly selling these TVs with promises of thing they CANNOT DO and they refuse to fix. I'm sure this thread will be deleted as well. I REALLY wish they would fix this issue. Perhaps it's time for a group lawsuit for false advertising???

userVUCP8V2FYw
Constellation

This is a very frustrating issue that happens with my brand new Q7FN, too. It is something that should be fixed with a software update ASAP.
Jojococo
Constellation

Same

userlU6GzpQHMf
Cosmic Ray

Any of you guys have a screenshot of your room lighting when the TV powers off from Ambient Mode?
user9j0P4qa5oM
Astronaut

Q9f is the same.  What a let down!  I bought the tv for this feature.  Surely an update could fix it.  Come on Samsung, not good enough!

-brewmaster-
Constellation

I agree with this 100%.  I set up my Q8 yesterday and had the same issue.  It turns off as others have mentioned.  If this isn’t addreessd, I will look elsewhere for my next tv and I won’t wait 13 years.  My appliances are all Samsung too...  washer, stove, fridge, and old TV.  Rethinking all of this if they don’t care enough to provide updates on their flagships and high end models... at most..  My gut is kicking me.  I should have gone LG-OLED.  Also, not a fan of having sponsored content on the smart menu.  I paid my money.  I don’t need to see content that I cannot remove.  Disappointing. 🤦🏻‍♂️

#OLED #LG