JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

An unexpected error has occurred (50005)

(Topic created: 06-15-2020 09:39 AM)
Scotty06
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am not able to display My Photos. My Favorites has no problem, but when I try to display My Photos I am now getting the above message. I have been able to display them in the past. Any help?

9 Replies
userXDzTyHkMBB
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM REPEATEDLY ON OUR 49 INCH FRAME.  WE ARE DISGUSTED WITH SAMSUNG SERVICE!

We load in about 50 personal photos using a usb thumb drive.  Pictures are set to exactly 1600 by 900 pixels.  They will be visible for a week or two but then suddenly for no reason they can no longer be "set" and give error code 50005.  You can see the thumbnails but they cannot be "set", that is selected to full screen size.

Repeated calls to Samsung service have yeilded no answers.  They cannot tell me what 50005 means.  I have even talked to their software division and they are no help. Once I let them reset my TV remotely.  BAD MISTAKE! Everything, apps, settings, etc was gone and I had to laboriously restart every setting.

We now keep a file folder on the laptop with the pictures and when the 50005 infection happens (four times now) we have to remove all photos from the Frame TV one at a time, load up a thumbdrive with the saved photos on the laptop, and then re-save them into My Photos on the Frame TV.  This takes about a half hour but at least we can get back to normal.

Very disappointed in Samsung.

userrpfNQ3WkYI
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks for sharing how you are navigating this problem. I'm frustrated that Samsung is not helping you, and apparently, the rest of us would get the same treatment.

I have a feeling they are not interested in fixing this issue because they want the monthly subscription to their art store!

useryUT11b5oX5
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issue with the 500005 error. I've searched the Internet for a solution -- with no luck. I hope someone will figure this out. Is it unreasonable to expect Samsung to address our issue?

userrpfNQ3WkYI
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have exactly the same issue. Error code 5005. Will not display in my photos. I find this very troubling Samsung! Is this how you force us to buy your monthly subscription?

usercTmDLs0afm
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Exactly the same problem !  Photos added 4+ months ago and everything worked fine until a couple of weeks ago when this error appeared. Would love to have a solution or fix that doesn't involve deleting and reloading everything. I have been very happy with this product largely because of this feature, and have been recommending it. Needless to say, if this isn't addressed that recommendation will change.

Solution
usereAu3Z5YJFH
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Here is an answer that I received this Monday 09/21/20 by email...and it works for me!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing Samsung Frame TV

We recommend that you perform a Smart hub reset. Please follow these steps:
Go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub

After the reset, please wait for (10-20min) and log into your Samsung account one more time so you can access the Art Store.

Now, could you please confirm that you are using the correct account by following these steps:

Settings > General > System Manager > Samsung Account

Best regards,

Frame CS

userZFYwQAkgZ0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Error recoccurs ... This solution does not "fix" anything. 

I have had a slew of problems with the art mode.

Samsung.. please fix this piece of junk software.

userZFYwQAkgZ0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

The Samsung frame has much difficulty displaying my photos.

It's keeps crashing ... 

Literally crashed right after resetting

Samsung, your suggested resolution is not a fix.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recommend reaching out to our SmartThings team. They can be reached at 1-866-813-2404 or support@smartthings.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes