cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

An unexpected error has occurred.(50005)

I am not able to display My Photos. My Favorites has no problem, but when I try to display My Photos I am now getting the above message. I have been able to display them in the past. Any help?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: An unexpected error has occurred.(50005)

WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM REPEATEDLY ON OUR 49 INCH FRAME.  WE ARE DISGUSTED WITH SAMSUNG SERVICE!

We load in about 50 personal photos using a usb thumb drive.  Pictures are set to exactly 1600 by 900 pixels.  They will be visible for a week or two but then suddenly for no reason they can no longer be "set" and give error code 50005.  You can see the thumbnails but they cannot be "set", that is selected to full screen size.

Repeated calls to Samsung service have yeilded no answers.  They cannot tell me what 50005 means.  I have even talked to their software division and they are no help. Once I let them reset my TV remotely.  BAD MISTAKE! Everything, apps, settings, etc was gone and I had to laboriously restart every setting.

We now keep a file folder on the laptop with the pictures and when the 50005 infection happens (four times now) we have to remove all photos from the Frame TV one at a time, load up a thumbdrive with the saved photos on the laptop, and then re-save them into My Photos on the Frame TV.  This takes about a half hour but at least we can get back to normal.

Very disappointed in Samsung.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for sharing how you are navigating this problem. I'm frustrated that Samsung is not helping you, and apparently, the rest of us would get the same treatment.

I have a feeling they are not interested in fixing this issue because they want the monthly subscription to their art store!

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue with the 500005 error. I've searched the Internet for a solution -- with no luck. I hope someone will figure this out. Is it unreasonable to expect Samsung to address our issue?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have exactly the same issue. Error code 5005. Will not display in my photos. I find this very troubling Samsung! Is this how you force us to buy your monthly subscription?