JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Antenna Local TV Configuration

(Topic created on: 4/27/19 11:40 AM)
TakeYourLemons
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

My question is very simple. I just got a brand new Q90R with the One Connect. I turned off everything and connected my antenna in with an RG6 cable going to a brand new Mohu Leaf. The TV does not provide me with an input source to TV. Well take that back. I do have an input source called TV, but it just goes to the Samsung TV content. The Broadcasting menu is greyed out, saying "not available".

So how's a guy supposed to use this $3500 TV to watch live TV?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TakeYourLemons
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I had checked that the firmware was up to date before I posted (of course). I have a wired connection and i had for good measure went through the troubleshooting step in the menu (of course all was A-ok).

After re-connecting my cables, I was able to scan for channels and get content. Keep in mind I had another Leaf I had tried a few days earlier (unsuccessfully) and assumed I needed a "newer" one, which is why i thought it was the TV. This auto-sensing stuff is a bit nerve wracking for me but it seems to be working now.

To the previous poster--the entire broadcasting menu was greyed out after plugging everything in, which caused me concern and my post. It seems the third time was the charm (rolling eyes emoticon). I had also powered down and un plugged the One Connect but not the TV.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Have you tried power resetting the TV by unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back up? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Stonesjoe
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the Q9fn not sure if it's the same but I would think it is. After you plug it in you have to go into the setting and do a scan for channels. If you can't find it ket me know and I'll send some pics when I get home later today..... Joe

Stonesjoe
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Think you'll be surprised at how well these TVs work for getting free channels with HD antennas. I'm about 35 miles from the city and my old TV only picked up about 6 channels. My new Q9fn with the same antenna I was using on my old TV, gets me all 60 or so channels. Again I think you just have to do a scan with the TV to get your leaf to work.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Thank you for your suggestion. I was able to confirm this, moments ago as well. If a menu setting is grayed out, this does not indicate that something is wrong with your TV. It’s because certain conditions for those settings are not being met. For example, if your TV is not connected to the internet, the settings for Software Update or Contact Support will be grayed out, since these require an active internet connection. It is always a good idea to keep your firmware up to date.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Solution
TakeYourLemons
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I had checked that the firmware was up to date before I posted (of course). I have a wired connection and i had for good measure went through the troubleshooting step in the menu (of course all was A-ok).

After re-connecting my cables, I was able to scan for channels and get content. Keep in mind I had another Leaf I had tried a few days earlier (unsuccessfully) and assumed I needed a "newer" one, which is why i thought it was the TV. This auto-sensing stuff is a bit nerve wracking for me but it seems to be working now.

To the previous poster--the entire broadcasting menu was greyed out after plugging everything in, which caused me concern and my post. It seems the third time was the charm (rolling eyes emoticon). I had also powered down and un plugged the One Connect but not the TV.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userzvBMhxYltO
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

it worked after reconnecting the cables? so the issue is how you did hooked it up. the cable must be loosed or not properly set up. 

0 Likes
userW4PtMVq7Ev
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

That didn’t work for me. I had to go the the setup for the tv and reset it. Took a few minutes but worked! Good luck!!

0 Likes