Options
QLED and The Frame

Bought a new tv last week. 

Samsung Frame 43.

Model: QN43LS03RAFXZA

Region: US

SmartThings iOS app 1.6.39-337

TV firmware: T-MSMAKUC-1335.0, B3970101/070104, BT - S

Both phone and TV connected to the same 2.4ghz wi-fi.

I can control tv via the app but when I try using the app in the art mode to upload photos, I get a popup error: To use this function, turn on The Frame and connect The Frame and your smartphone to the same network. 

Any thoughts?

Waisted a lot of time troubleshooting.

Ps: Ready to file an FTC claim.

Steps:

Step 3. App fails in Art ModeStep 3. App fails in Art Mode

userqO5lYKIaRP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsungrei your advice makes no sense for this situation. Do you even understand the problem? 

tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

Well the reality seems to be that "some times it works and some times it doesn't". I have an iPhone and the app just does not work reliably, as if while Yes the app and the TV are on the same network but you have to keep trying stuff until voila the right stuff magically appears.

Samsung, do better!

BTW Samsungrei probably just mis-posted in the wrong place (this site is bad to say the very least) but it does also seem as though no one in Support, nor even anyone in Engineering, owns a Frame and so this system is just full of gaps & bugs.

user9SNqVoPMdi
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same problem, iPhone app does not allow photos to be uploaded and I do not have a settings option on the screen shown in the solution. Really frustrating!

0 Likes
user8fcRLTsWwJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I found the resolution well at least for the iPhone. If you go into the app settings and turn on Local Network a prompt then popped up on the TV when clicking browse to add photos within the SmartThings app!

hope this helps.

8EBFBE2D-1ABC-4C28-A941-C62C61A42200.png

userVa58c91gJr
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same here. Have an IPhone, but I have no option to give SmartThings acsess to my photos. This should be fixed! 

0 Likes
userC1Ast0K1AR
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have Iphone and The Frame 43' perfectly connected with SmartThings on the same wi-fi network. The Art Mode doesn't appear in SmartThings, so it's impossible to me to send my pictures to the television's ArtMode or enter de Art Shop. THERE IS NOT ANY "ART MODE" button to click !!

Samsung, you must fix it !!!! 

IMG_1866.jpg

userrmX7oDUo8N
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I discovered my mobile device was actually denied/blocked from the TV’s External Device Manager/Device Connection Manager/Device List settings. Once set to “allow”, the greyed out sections in the app started working again.

tomsframe
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have complained about "no Art mode with Smartthings" here and elsewhere and dunno how I might have missed this, that for an iOS device you have to have all the Allow-ances checked, including Location Always and All Photo access.

Whie I believe I have looked at these and tried them to no success in the past, it is possible (likely?) that I somehow missed the TV's own banner at the top saying "should I allow your device to do this?" or whatever it says. Because I'd be focussed on the iGizmo and not the TV screen and this banner goes-away after a bit.

Anyway to those having trouble getting an Art Mode with iOS fiddling with these settings is the likely solution.

0 Likes
userYmjVcl2PYW
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This solved the issue on my iPhone, thank you!!!

0 Likes
userRtv9lfjJu6
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

THANK YOU!

0 Likes