Original topic:

Artmode Slideshow Doesn't Resume at Power On

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 07:56 AM)
userPUWuJwqDYp
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

The issue:  Artmode slideshow will not resume at power-on.  This is whether you use Smartthings automation, the power button on the remote, or the SmartThings app.  I set up automation to power-on in the morning, but it only displays the last image from the night before and won’t restart the slideshow. 

The reason I bought the Frame TV is to display my photography in art mode using the random slideshow setting.  I can’t believe Samsung didn’t provide a way to have it automatically start.  This should be a simple option in the SmartThings app since there is an option to start the Ambient mode automatically.  Having to manually start it every day is a pain, and it shouldn’t be that difficult to add the option. 

I contacted Samsung support using messenger and chat. One said to call Samsung support, which was a complete waste of time as he would only tell me that you couldn’t do it (I already knew that). But I did get the support person on chat to open a ticket and case number and he said he would send the request to the developers. I couldn’t get contact information for the developers so I could send the request myself.  The Smartthings app needs a lot of improvement.  I’m surprised there isn’t a way to directly send requests to the developers.  Maybe there is, but I haven’t found it.  

2021 65” Samsung Frame TV, model number QN65LS03AAFXZA

7 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

We thank you for the feedback and will be forwarding it accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userprVuNFzt1n
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Same issue for me. Makes the photo feature useless.

Makes the frame useless. It's a basic feature, that windows 95 had.

We're talking about a screensaver... Nothing magical, it's probably 1 line of code to resume rotation on power on

userP7W6pDfORL
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Same problem, seems to do with the software update. Worked fine before.

0 Likes
userw0aHrC5fDe
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Hi!

I can not believe the slideshow doesn’t start when the tv turns on from sleep. It just stays on one picture.. It is absolutely ridiculous that I have to manually set it to slideshow each time I want it to start. Please fix this. Please send this complaint to the developers.

SamsungStephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello, Thank you for the feedback and being a part of the Samsung Community, we will forward it to our Product Experts accordingly.    

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the 2021 Frame and am not experiencing this. What version are you guys on? I just updated to latest version 1805.4. 

I set my Auto Power Off time to say 30 minutes, which effectively turns off my Frame. Then after some time, my motion wakes up the TV and it resumes slideshow with no issues.

0 Likes
userU1EE8b7AVS
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have read a lot concerning this issue and have made one observation that nobody posted here before....

always when the slideshow stopped or is not available anymore I was not logged in to my Samsung account and I had to log in again to make the slideshow available again...

So the solution to this matter may not be the slideshow itself but why is there a forced logout of the Samsung account???

What could cause the forced logout of the Samsung account? Is just a simple disconnection of WLAN / LAN the reason for a logout of the Samsung account???

0 Likes