cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Releaseband1
Constellation

Best picture settings for watching fast moving sports on QLED9FN

I haven't figured out the best settings for fast moving sports. It's been trial and error with the Auto Motion plus settings - judder and blurring sliders. Still seeing some blurring. Is there preferred settings (Picture mode, Auto Motion plus custom settings, Digital clean view, etc), that can assist with this?  I just purchased the QLED 9FN so still learning.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
tfinwi
Cosmic Ray

Re: Best picture settings for watching fast moving sports on QLED9FN

As I was initially setting-up my Frame I was alarmed to notice especially judder when just flipping-around TV channels. So the first thing I did was to turn OFF all that motion setting stuff and I have never seen any more picture anomalies, which includes watching a good number of football games since.

I had the same experience with a 4K Vizio I'd bought some time ago now. Turned-off the picture "enhancement" settings and the problems went away.

I don't know why the set manufacturers even bother with such features that seem to do nothing but mess-up the moving pictures?!

Releaseband1
Constellation

Thanks for your response.  I turned the motion plus off to get rid of the soap opera effect on movies/TV shows as well. I was wondering if there is any application (video source) to use the Motion Plus??..

tfinwi
Cosmic Ray

Dunno myself RB but when I surf on this it seems everybody has different feelings about this. And presumably btw the "best pic settings" are what Samsung made as Default to begin with.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2287714-motion-plus-clear-vs-off.html

You've probably seen this already but...

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080741/