JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blue Drips with two tone notification interrupting shows

(Topic created: 06-09-2020 04:06 PM)
Samsung_9sxRlt2
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Watch both Hulu show & a cable TV show, two weeks after buying Samsung Q80T 65", getting a 2 Tone notification with blue drips appearing in center of screen and then flashing a blue line circling the edge of the screen counter-clockwise.  This happens randomly through out the shows.  I have called customer service who had me test picture, (no problem detected), reset the picture settings, turned off notifications, confirmed accessibility features were turned off, and still it happened again.  Reached back to customer support & told I could do a tv reset but then I have to set up all apps all over again.  Surely, there must be a fix that isn't reset & start over (and hope it fixes the problem).  This has to be a Samsung software problem as it impacts both cable & streaming apps.  Can anyone help?

Thanks.

21 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

How often are you seeing this on the television?  Is it coming in intervals or at random times?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

Also,  would you happen to have any set top boxes or anything connected to the television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung_9sxRlt2
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

We have a Spectrum cable box attached via hdmi.

Samsung_9sxRlt2
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

As well as an Apple TV  & Samsung Blu-ray (both not powered on when it happened) and an Nintendo Switch (out of the dock).

Samsung_9sxRlt2
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

It seems to be completely random.  It might happen 3 times 20 seconds apart then go for more than an hour before it pops back up.

Samsung_9sxRlt2
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Follow-up... disconnected all sources except internet (hard wired) and it still occurred after hard reboot/restore from samsung cloud on both Hulu app & later on Spectrum cable when reattached.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Qled and Frame

Interesting.  Could you send me a private message with the full model of your television? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_9sxRlt2
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

So I did figure out the blue line circling the tv and ending in blue splash/drips is the Samsung Smart View notification that appears when you tap an Android phone on the upper right corner over the TV to share your Phone screen on TV (PIP).

However, still do not know why it was randomly activating the notification with phone just sitting in the same room.  I have "turned off" the Smart View feature in my phone as a temporary solution but still don't know what the real issue is.  So far after 2 days, no random interruptions.

View solution in context

userdQniSp2JXe
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I had this same randomly-occuring problem. After failing to diagnose the problem with Samsung support, Samsung sent out an on-site service. I could not make the on-site service meeting because I had to be in the field. So I showed a friend the problem and how it was going off with loud sounds (door shutting, bass from TV, etc). She stayed at my apt to show the technician the problem, but could not recreate the notification without me in the apt. When they called me and told me they could not get the notification to go off, i realized my phone was the source. I had previously turned off/deleted the Smart Things app based on the little info I could find in these forums, but never did a restart on my phone. Once I restarted the phone, all was well again and the notification hasnt gone off since. The old Windows fix was the key.